What's in a name?

Pete,
I agree it is all about having the ability, the right barrel, the right ammo AND most importantly it tuned properly to its top potential....I think there are a ton of killer rifles out there that have not will never see thier full potential beacuse they have not been tuned properly and not will have those special ammo recognized.

Not to turn this into another Calfee thread, but you have to agree that he build a competetive rifle........ we may not agree with the way he explains things or his theories but I think in the end he does know how to tune a rifle and is laying a properly tuned rifle in the hands of his clients. Is clients are then left to chase the ammo. I think there are many chasing a tune and chasing ammo at the same time, and with those two constant changing variables may never get them both right at the same time.

Just my opinion.
Charlie

I don't know a whole lot about very much but from the list of participants, BC made at least one rifle that is tuned very well. I doubt that anyone could fairly say that he does not make good rifles but looking at the list of participants and where they placed, there are other folks in the business who make competative rifles as well. The Turbo Action isn't the only competative action and I didn't even get into barrels. I think folks need to be careful about using the word Dominate. If there is no hope of folks being able to win matches, they will quit buying stuff and participating :). It very well could be better to never say a word about how well things have gone, just let the results speak for themselves.

Last edited:
It very well could be better to never say a word about how well things have gone, just let the results speak for themselves.

To do so requires character, and an understated style. Some would call it subtlety! Qualities somewhat lacking in a certain individual.

I have the pleasure of knowing a number of highly skilled craftsmen/artisans. Who simply let the quality of their work speak for itself. They have no need to blow their own trumpets or claim bragging rights. But then they also have character!

But some sure do sell BS by the pound.

My experience shows that the BS is mostly free. Now actual information or endorsements are another matter, for those there are nominal charges.

Ken

i took for 2003 ford into the dealership for a miss my regurlar mechanic didnt have the proper scope for this. come to find out each sparkplug has its own coil pack 2 were bad paid them te 85.00 they identified and put the 2 new ones in myself. but in the meantime there were some free updates to this truck all done free of charge.

when i called them for their thoughts there was no demand for money up front just told me what what wrong and what was needed. not bad service for a vehicle with 180k on it and they didnt sell to me!!!

bob

i took for 2003 ford into the dealership for a miss my regurlar mechanic didnt have the proper scope for this. come to find out each sparkplug has its own coil pack 2 were bad paid them te 85.00 they identified and put the 2 new ones in myself. but in the meantime there were some free updates to this truck all done free of charge.

when i called them for their thoughts there was no demand for money up front just told me what what wrong and what was needed. not bad service for a vehicle with 180k on it and they didnt sell to me!!!

bob

Your point being?

Is it time to mention that a rose by any other name would prick you if you grabbed it wrong?

cwop
Bob I believe Wallace already told you there were lots of fake Calfee rifles out there.Without authentication you have yourself an old outdated squirrel shooter at best without 6 o'clock ignition.You continue to call your gun a Calfee 40X but you don't know that to be true.
As its still christmasie out I'll give you $250 for the rifle if you pack it good in a nice case and pay the insurance and shipping.
Now that you have run this old tired shot out gun into the ground its time to sell it and move on.
Lynn

bob

Bob, that all sounds great but you do realize it was free to you.... but the Ford dealership will submit a bill to Ford for doing those recalls or updates to your vehicle..they really didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart. :)

Charlie

Back