what to buy the old battle axe for Xmas ?? ; ' )

Jefferson

WHETHER IT IS THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER, OR NOT SO SIGNIFICANT OTHER, OR girlfriend, or best friend or best friends wife or miltf, or whatever,

any ideas as she has most of what she needs, maybe a dyson hard, or what any suggestions ? (other than a week away from me)

seriously asked in a humous way as we have been married over 30 years

Jefferson

Last edited:
A Spa package (hair, nails, facial, massage, etc). I get the wife and the daughters 1 ea. and they make a "day" of it.

Hot rock massage.
A day of shopping without a complaint from you.
Let her control the remote one night.
A chick flick.

What not to buy...

Kitchen utensils

Flannel nightgown

Cheap perfume

$10 gift card

Knockoff Chineese leather handbag

Casio watch

Anything advertised as a bargain on TV

A gun you're hoping she'll give back to you

Gave my wife a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas about 44years ago. She still reminds me of it around birthday, valentine day, anniversary, Christmas, or any other time of the year that she thinks I might by her a gift.

I got away with giving her guns, until she discovered that I had traded them off.

Jerry

Last edited:
You can never go wrong with the "girls best friend".

Yes you can go wrong. Didn't work for me. After giving her a diamond for Christmas 12 years ago, she left 2 weeks later. Told her when she came back 10 months later I would never buy her another.

Later
Dave

PS..She is a good woman..........and still my first wife....:cool:

Yes you can go wrong. Didn't work for me. After giving her a diamond for Christmas 12 years ago, she left 2 weeks later. Told her when she came back 10 months later I would never buy her another.

Later
Dave

PS..She is a good woman..........and still my first wife....:cool:

Sounds like the 20yr relationship pickle......that point where she needed to figger out what she really wanted :) I agree, jools aint the answer for that conundrum! BTW, being raised around rednecks I've never bought my wife the obligatory bouquet of roses, 'WAYY too much penance baggage attached to roses IMO!

Good you're still together

al

I'm gonna take a shot at it...

Take her to a pleasant place to both of you, have dinner (or lunch, depending on the time), and make sure she knows that she's the only one that could have ever been there. Perhaps a little token, muchly affordable, to remember the day later when the details become a bit fuzzy.

took her out to supper last night the bill was $260 for 4 of us, ouch by a lot of hamburglars for that,

I thought lots of guys and gals here are over the average in

WEALTH, YEARS OF MARRAIGE, INTELLEGENCE, ABILITY TO SPEAK OUT, HUMOUROUS IF NEED BE, AND WILLING TO SHARE THEIR GIFT IDEAS,

(and I though wilbur punted me when I could not get on for a few days :' )

still struggling with gifts (I could send her over to Gammon for week, maybe that would work)

thanks so far

Jeffy

Man what a bunch of pikers! You have to make them Really Happy, that way you can buy what you want. Mine is sitting behind me with her new Apple 27" I-MAX And she is having a great time, Daddy needs a new scope. I didn't even make her wait till Christmass.

Joe Salt

Ask her, not us

After many years of marriage I have learned one thing about gifts--never assume you know what she wants or whether or not she'll like what you buy. ASK her what she wants. Get her to name several items and choose among them so there's still an element of surprise.

Plus, tell her what you want. Who wants ties, sweaters or socks when you can get something more useful?

Caution--never ask your kids what they want. It's way too risky.

Well, you could take a chance with some qualifications

Like,,,maybe,,,,ask around with some nebulous boundaries on your question,,,then quickly act either way given the response. In a day, maybe two, it won't matter what you do this year and you may decide differently next year.

So, who's the winner? Depends.....doesn't it!

Back