What a WONDERFUL Winter it has been...............

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
I hope that all my fellow shooters are having a WONDERFUL Winter in the weather department.

After last year with all the snow and flooding in Western Canada and the US from all of the snow cover it feels great to come through the MILDEST Winter I can recall in my 46 years. Well there is one other but I cannot remember what year. All I know it was Easter Sunday and farmers were combining crops from the year before which they were unable to harvest. I will have to call Dad and get him to find that year in his daily Diary. It is so nice to be able to drive my work truck into ditches and out again without getting stuck and this is in March. Not the norm. The temps are in double digits. Not double digits BELOW Zero but above Zero.

This mild weather wreaks havoc with the winter roads into the Northern Isolated Reservations but I will take the heat.......

How has the winter been in your neck of the woods?????

Calvin

We've had that white $hit coming down all day and more is expected tonite and tomorrow. Woke up to clear skies and brown dirt and this is what it looked like by 9 am. But, it's a dry snow. ;)

2rcmtxh.jpg

Ray

I don't recall a milder Winter here in Houston. I don't think we ever even had a freezing day here on the East Side........jackie

Yeah, I can't wait to see the tick & chigger population this summer...

(Well, I'm a curmudgeon, whaddaya expect?)

Jackie, do not need the southern US getting any frost. Hurts the produce farmers to much which in turn puts a damper on the pocket book........

Was nice at the match yesterday.
I dont think it made it to the predicted 80 degrees but still not bad.

BTW John how are the fingers?

Vern,

It was only the one, but it's all good. The tendon reattached OK & I'm going through therapy to get mobility back. My biggest worry though is that with the hand needing to be kept immovable all that time, my forearm looks like a twig.

In about six weeks, I get a minor operation to clean up.

...... but I can legally drive again!!!!!!!

John

This am 19 deg.. Tomorrow about the same expected.

Fruit trees all getting the buds frozen so probably wont have any cherries, apples, grapes or several others.

On the way to the range this weekend, I saw two apricot trees in blossom already. Also spotted a rock chuck (that's the western version of the eastern woodchuck for those who don't know) out in a field last week. From how fat he was, he either had a mild winter or he's been out of the den awhile already munching away. Probably both.

We have had a mild winter in east tennessee, grass growing like crazy, trees leafing out, has been in mid 80's this week. I am afraid that a frost will come and kill a lot of things, the worst part here are the storms and hail, happens somewhere around about every day lately.

Back