Well, I Guess COVID-19 Has Finally Got Marilyn and Me

If it is no worse than what I have felt, you would think it’s not that big of a deal. My wife was certainly worse off, but nothing worse than the flu.

And then you hear of seemingly healthy people dying.

My best hope is that now that I now have a certain immunity.

But then, nobody can even agree on that.

The Beat Goes On.

If it is no worse than what I have felt, you would think it’s not that big of a deal. My wife was certainly worse off, but nothing worse than the flu.

And then you hear of seemingly healthy people dying.

My best hope is that now that I now have a certain immunity.

But then, nobody can even agree on that.

The Beat Goes On.

Now some are saying that among those who have developed antibodies that the antibodies seem to be disappearing from some of those folks. Does that mean that they have now become as susceptible as they were before all of this? Stay tuned.

Butch,

""Check the deaths, that's the real number to watch.""

In Europe, we had many people who died alone at home from ?????. The ""supplementary death count", with regards to "normal" / "usual" death count is considered as cov impact. Not really true either.

IMHO, I prefer look at the number of people who arrived in hospital with heavy cov symptoms, got tested + and need some cares in hospital. Fortunately, one doesn't necessary die when entering cov+ in hospital for support, neither mandatory need to be put into coma & breath assistance.

Of course, as said by President Trump, the more you test the more you found. +test numbers are not representative.

Jackie,

""My best hope is that now that I now have a certain immunity.""

Don't bet too much on this.

It is highly discussed here between scientists. One can make antibodies to fight a virus, but NOT get the memory of it for next time, therefore allowing imune system to react at first sight of virus. And even if one imune system has the memory of it, it is not sure that recognition will "trigger" the imune system reaction to fight the virus.

This seems to be quite frequent with known coronavirus. Good examples of this are """gentle""" or ""classical/seasonal"" coronavirus causing people to have "cold" or rhinopharyngitis in winter. (aka OC43, NL63, HKU-1, 229E coronavirus).

At the moment, here, just nobody knows about becoming imune to covid 19 once you had it.

ps : I did not invent warm water. Just got May 2020 special covid 19 edition of "Science et Avenir" open on the desk. Just trying to stay tune and share with whom it may interest.

Viruses self mutate- which may or may not be recognized by your immune system the next time around. Cov19 is particularly nasty as it has the ability to envade cells- this is was unknown prior to this pandemic. The key to a vacine in this case is to develope a way to block this ability. Progress has been made in this area.

Butch,

""Check the deaths, that's the real number to watch.""

In Europe, we had many people who died alone at home from ?????. The ""supplementary death count", with regards to "normal" / "usual" death count is considered as cov impact. Not really true either.

IMHO, I prefer look at the number of people who arrived in hospital with heavy cov symptoms, got tested + and need some cares in hospital. Fortunately, one doesn't necessary die when entering cov+ in hospital for support, neither mandatory need to be put into coma & breath assistance.

Of course, as said by President Trump, the more you test the more you found. +test numbers are not representative.

Jackie,

""My best hope is that now that I now have a certain immunity.""

Don't bet too much on this.

It is highly discussed here between scientists. One can make antibodies to fight a virus, but NOT get the memory of it for next time, therefore allowing imune system to react at first sight of virus. And even if one imune system has the memory of it, it is not sure that recognition will "trigger" the imune system reaction to fight the virus.

This seems to be quite frequent with known coronavirus. Good examples of this are """gentle""" or ""classical/seasonal"" coronavirus causing people to have "cold" or rhinopharyngitis in winter. (aka OC43, NL63, HKU-1, 229E coronavirus).

At the moment, here, just nobody knows about becoming imune to covid 19 once you had it.

ps : I did not invent warm water. Just got May 2020 special covid 19 edition of "Science et Avenir" open on the desk. Just trying to stay tune and share with whom it may interest.

So is it true as one comment poster to a Yahoo article said that there has never been a successful vaccine for any corona virus and that the odds of having one for COVID-19 are slim?

So is it true as one comment poster to a Yahoo article said that there has never been a successful vaccine for any corona virus and that the odds of having one for COVID-19 are slim?

What can be said with certainty is that there is an unprecedented push for a vaccine for this particular Corona virus so if a vaccine is possible, odds are very high that one, or more, will be developed.

Back