Weaver 36X Scope

P

Prelude 2.0

Do most rimfire benchrest shooters that buy the Weaver 36X fixed power scope order the fine cross hair reticle scope or the 1/8 MOA dot reticle scope? Reason for choice?

I think you may find a split choice on this one. Myself I like the fine lines with the small dot. I tried both and I am more comfortable holding off for windage with the dot.

As we get a little age on us and the vision aint what it used to be the dot works better.
At least for me.
I keep losing crosshairs,Time dont permit spending a lot of the 20 min.UL 30min.50/50
wating for the old eyes to clear.
Got to use what works for you. if you cant see it you darn sure cant hit it.

Do most rimfire benchrest shooters that buy the Weaver 36X fixed power scope order the fine cross hair reticle scope or the 1/8 MOA dot reticle scope? Reason for choice?

I have owned a pretty big number of 36X Scopes over the years, a half dozen or so which were Weavers.I still own and use a Weaver with a dot on one of my Airguns. A couple of years ago I bought a 36X Sightron from a friend who needed to sell it. I put it on my 10.5 lb Rimfire rifle and it is still on there. A better scope than the Weaver in a number of way, in my opinion and well worth the few extra dollars they cost. Mine is not the Big Sky model but is just a plain 36X scope.

I have owned a pretty big number of 36X Scopes over the years, a half dozen or so which were Weavers.I still own and use a Weaver with a dot on one of my Airguns. A couple of years ago I bought a 36X Sightron from a friend who needed to sell it. I put it on my 10.5 lb Rimfire rifle and it is still on there. A better scope than the Weaver in a number of way, in my opinion and well worth the few extra dollars they cost. Mine is not the Big Sky model but is just a plain 36X scope.

I have the weaver Crosshair and with dot, plus a sightron w/dot, I prefer the dot. Not sure the sightron is any better but has a smaller dot.

I like the fine cross hairs. I find I can focus the scope easier.
I have a 36XSightron ordered for a new build for my son he prefers the Xhairs and dot. But that's not on a RF.

A really good shooter taught me that it's a lot easier to shoot something if you can see it. And the thick reticle lines of many scopes block out the bull on a lot of targets at 50 yards. So my Weaver T-36 has the fine crosshair. It's hard to see when the light drops but it's real easy to see what you're shooting at as long as you have light.

I have Weaver, Sightron, and leupold and all have fine crosshairs with dot. A couple years ago Midway had a super closeout deal on the SII 6X42HBR Sightron with fine crosshairs. The price was so good I had to buy one. Thought I could learn to live with the fine crosshairs. I couldn't. But the price was so good I sent it out and had a dot put in it and still came out ahead.
Mike

Sounds like the consensus is the FCH with "dot" is the better way to go. Thanks for all of your input and feedback.

Back