Von Arens tuner

Thats a little more than I want to spend. I know its worth every penny, thats why I want a ued one. looking more for 125-150 price range.

You know or maybe you don't.

If you have the weights, you can get just the body & bloop tube from Dan or my self for $160.00

And by the by.... it's von Ahrens :)
I'm a little perticular bout that, you where close though LOL

Roger

You know or maybe you don't.

If you have the weights, you can get just the body & bloop tube from Dan or my self for $160.00

And by the by.... it's von Ahrens :)
I'm a little perticular bout that, you where close though LOL

How come the v in von is not capitalized?

How come the v in von is not capitalized?

James,
von is used with the small v by German nobility much the same as de is used by the French nobility, maybe Rodger is of royal blood.

Peter

James,

really????? :)

It all has to do with the way the Germans use the word "von" as in "of." so I'm Roger of Ahrens. The actual town we're from was either Ahrensbok or Ahrensburg. Not sure because the Ellis Island records can be a little funny (family left Germany just before WWI) Anyway, as I was told, if the von was small your family owned the land, if not you lived there.

Rodger,
Look it up and you’ll find the von is for German nobility, in some parts over there I think its illegal to use the von if your not nobility.

Peter

Pickles, this may sound stupid, but how would you make sure a used MD will fit your barrel? the barrel you intend to use it on would have to be fatter (or exactly same) as the used unit would be machined for. Thanks, Douglas

Douglas,

If it's over sized you would just machine a bushing to make it fit.

Last edited:
Hereditary:

I find Hereditary very interesting. Once our forefathers landed here, all the titles and connections stayed over there, for the most part, unless they drug a bunch of money with them.

My Paternal side went to England in about 740 AD and settled there. Out of that came the name Washington; so acklowledgedd by George himself, according to a geneoligy one of my relatives did as a school project. My Maternal side, on the other hand, came to Boston during the Great Famine and not much is known except they were Joyces.

Interestingly enough, to me anyway, I am sort of acquainted with George's closest living relative. He lives and walks among us, putting his pants on one leg at a time and never seems to wear a Horse Hair Wig :).

Last edited:
Pete,

My Grandmother on my Dad's side did some research on the family tree, on her side the van Marth's we had a Duke and Duchess of Norway, I still have family in Norway, just outside of Oslo. I have to get up there someday and meet them. Also, in the 16th century we had a pirate too. Course he meet his fate early, on a rope, after making 27 folks walk the plank!! Though it could explain allot about my extended family LOL

Sorry for the type O that you all are haveing fun with. I have been to Oslo, looking for your kinfolk but they pulled all the females off the streets when the Marines came to town. Great place to see in the dead of winter, great people.

Semper fi

I bet when you boys arrived they got all the women folk off the streets, out of the shops, even churches!!!

And no problem on the typo :)

Von Pappas? lol. Capital V. James can be a bit cantancorous. But he's harmless and really cares about the rimfire world and the accuracy thereof.

John M. Carper

Back