Veterans thank you

B.Larson

Veterans............ Thank you

With tomorrow being veterans day......... THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY......
bill
USN '65-'69

Last edited:
We Veterans also thank you all back, and today, we Marine Veterans get to do it a day early.

Semper Fidelis, November 10, 1775, birth date of the Marine Corps.

Greg Langelius, Cpl USMC, 1966-1968

Thank you!

Thank you for showing thanks to us vets and the ones who served.
I am proud to stand among my military brothers past, present and future.

And to all who have served. Thank you for keeping us safe.

AF 1993-2007

I hate to rain on this parade, but, with all the patriotism and sacrifice aside the West LOST that war as well as WW I. How so? Immediately after WW I the communists destroyed some 155,000 CHRISTIAN churches in Russia AND murdered their leaders...Immediately after WW II with our help the communists took over another 30% of the world with their atheism and murders of Christian leaders.....ask the people of Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Moravia, China, Manchuria, North Korea, North Vietnam, Romania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia , etc., LOOK IT UP!!!

And yes I served, but in the ONLY war the US EVER fought AGAINST communism in modern times, Vietnam!!

US52545017

Veterans

Yes and many served to prevent more take overs by the commies.

Gerald Malerba RA12623212 1960 to 1966 3rd Armored Division Germany
SPEARHEAD"""

I hate to rain on this parade, but, with all the patriotism and sacrifice aside the West LOST that war as well as WW I. How so? Immediately after WW I the communists destroyed some 155,000 CHRISTIAN churches in Russia AND murdered their leaders...Immediately after WW II with our help the communists took over another 30% of the world with their atheism and murders of Christian leaders.....ask the people of Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Moravia, China, Manchuria, North Korea, North Vietnam, Romania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia , etc., LOOK IT UP!!!

And yes I served, but in the ONLY war the US EVER fought AGAINST communism in modern times, Vietnam!!

US52545017

Jerry you should know better than to bring politics into this Celebration. Or on this web site.
It's the Birthday of the USMC. OOOHH RAH!
Happy Birthday! Semper FI !

And tomorrow is Veteran's DAY. Even the Canucks celebrate Veteran's Day, EH!

As a side note. The US Military has never lost the War.

Tim B.
EM2 1981-1988.
LPO E-Div. USS Gridley CG-21.

Armistice Day

Also known as Remembrance Day, in other parts of the world, to commemorate........

THE 11TH HOUR, ON THE 11TH DAY, IN THE 11TH MONTH....ending the war to end all wars.

I did not even realize it was Veterans Day until I watched the morning news in my office this morning.

So thank you, for your thank you.

By the way. My service number began with "US", not "RA". How many of you know the difference?

I did not even realize it was Veterans Day until I watched the morning news in my office this morning.

By the way. My service number began with "US", not "RA". How many of you know the difference?

Good question Jackie! I think my number was USAF13......, but maybe it was just AF13....... In any case I think our service made us better people, and the same service would do "wonders" for our younger generations!!

No.
Was that reserve Army vice US Army...........???
US Army vice CSA?
Eh, whatever....
Mine was SS #.

Veterans Day.

Mr. Laneer,

I still remember my service number after all these yrs. Mine was B282705 aboard the USS Kitty Hawk, CVA 63, 1967, 1968

In the Marines you don't forget your service number. No prefix, just numbers. You didn't forget your rifle number either. Thank you all past present and future. "Semper Fi"

"Bill Gruby"

Charlie/KY

I too remember my service number in full.

GMG2, Brown Water Navy PBR, Riv. Div. 514, Riv. Div. 593, Naval Advisory Group 62. In country Oct. 69-Dec. 71

We knew the difference didn't we Jackie? The US prefix on ones military serial number (great to be a serial numbered item) meant that person was a draftee, taken by force.

There was a popular joke at that time "it was the saddest day of my life when we 6 left home, me and those 5 MP's"!

Seriously though, I believe we draftees had more skin in the game. Unfortunately, now, some, not all, enter the military as an alternative offered by the courts or just to have a job and income!

service number

Mine was a B prefix. USN 66-70. Last 13 Mos. was attached to the USMC as an 8404 combat corpsman. Delta Co. 1/5 69-70.. Location "Disneyland East".

Back