UKBR22 Benchrest World Postal 5th & 6th January 2013

Tone

I hope you dont mind me posting this on the forum: we are having a 'Individual World Air Rifle Bench Rest Postal' in the first weekend of January, see link: http://www.ukbr22.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/world-individual-air-rifle-postal-5th-6th-january-2013.380/(Not sure if you have to join the UKBR22 forum to see it though)

We are colaberating with people from the USA, Italy, Russia and the UK. The interesting thing is that because of the variation in air rifle law in these countries we have decided to really open up in terms of power and weight etc.

It will be really interesting to see how it goes, please feel free to join in, here is the scoring sheet that should be self explanatory: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53488303/World%20Air%20Postal%205th%20%26%206th%20Jan%202013%282%29.xls

Tony

Last edited:
These are the rules that are posted on the forum: If a club is thinking of entering can one of you at least join the forum to let us know you will be shooting and roughly how many from your club will be joining you:

UKBR22 invite you to shoot in the World Air Rifle Postal that will be held on the 1st weekend of January 2013.

It is open to all.

So far we have commitment from Bench Rest shooters and clubs alike in Italy, Russia, USA and the UK.

It has become clear that we are a pretty diverse bunch shooting air rifles across the world, with various calibres and power platforms so in the spirit of inclusiveness pretty much anything goes.

So here are the rules:

No calibre larger than .22 as all cards should be scored with a .22 gauge.

Shoot at 2no. 25yrds or 25m at the standard 25 target 25yrd/m bench rest cards.

Thats it!

It is intended to be mainly an indoor comp, but some competitors will be shooting outside.

The weight is unlimited, the power should be what is legal in your country, electronic triggers are allowed.

All we ask is that you make a note of the relevant information on the score sheet (see example attached).

Please can you post on this thread your intention to shoot this competition and roughly how many friends you will have joining you.

Photos of the weekend shooting the comp will be very much appreciated and we do hope that you enjoy yourselves and don't succumb to the ravages of the January weather.

All the best

Access to the forum can be found through the website at:http://www.ukbr22.org.uk/

Tony,
We shoot indoors the first Sat of the month. Should have several shooters the first Sat of Jan. unless we get hit with a large snow storm. Have joined your forum and downloaded the score sheet. We normally shoot three world targets and will use the first two as the postal scores.

Paul Bendix
Holbrook Sportsmen's Club
Holbrook Massachusetts USA

Presently we have what looks like 100+ air rifle shooters from around the world taking part in this event. Looks like it's shaping up to be a lot of fun.

Brian

UKBR22 Targets?

Tony, Brian_K,
I sent an order in for offical targets for the match January 5/6 at Holbrook. With the Holidays and slower than normal delivery. Can I use World targets if I don't get them in time for the match?

Did order enough to send Wild River targets for there match also.

Paul

Hi Paul,

That should be fine. The World, UKBR22 etc are all the same size now, so no problem.

Brian

Thanks Brian

Hi Paul,

That should be fine. The World, UKBR22 etc are all the same size now, so no problem.

Brian

Brian,
Got an email from Robert Harrison and he is sending a pdf file so we can print them locally.

Paul

Good, pleased you got sorted Paul.

Worth checking the size of the targets when printing out from a .pdf.

For the USA the size of the 10 ring should be 0.050" :rolleyes:;)

Brian

We had some great response to this thanks, and just to stress it is not a team but an 'individual' competition.

You will have bragging rights for yourself and your nation plus a nice medal if you win.

All the best

Tony

Thanks Paul.
I just made the assumption the targets were the same international targets we used in the last postal. Thanks for thinking of us and good luck. Shooting your Steyr?
Mike

We've had one or two questions regarding scoring and how to input them, I hope this helps to make it clear :

The cards should be preferably marked (.22 scoring gauge) and witnessed by a capable scorer. If that is not possible then the shooter may mark his/her own cards. These cards should bear the signature of a witness (i.e. to say they have seen the cards shot).

All score cards should be held by the shooter or his club, in case of a query.

The scores and other information should be entered onto the Excel spreadsheet: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53488303/World Air Postal 5th & 6th Jan 2013(2).xls

This information should be emailed to Colin Evans: marika150876@hotmail.co.uk

The scores need to be with us no later than 17:00GMT on Monday 7th January 2013.

Regards

Tony

All the best to those shooting this comp tomorrow, its going to be a balmy 11 degrees centigrade here in the UK tomorrow. Might be warm enough to wear shorts :D

That will certainly put the other shooters off.

Tony

Hi Everyone,

The scores are starting to come in (and very impressive some of them are).

Can I just remind everyone that the scores need to be entered on the spreadsheet and emailed to Colin Evans as in post #12 above.

Brian

Brian, Colin, and everyone that put this together,
We had 12 shooters today and every one enjoyed shooting the postal match. Have emailed Colin the results.
The top three shooters at Holbrook, MA USA
Rick Ingram shooting a Chip Smith SUMO in .22 500 36X first
IMGP1560-1.jpg

Dan Brown shooting a AA EV-2 .177 LV 500 28X second
IMGP1573.jpg

Mark Normandin Raw TM-1000 .177 HV 497 31X third

IMGP1561.jpg

L-R Paul, Dan, Rick, Daniel, Al, David, Tim
IMGP1575.jpg

Ray
IMGP1563.jpg

Todd

IMGP1569.jpg

Brad
IMGP1570.jpg

Franky
IMGP1571.jpg

Paul Match director Holbrook Sportsmens Club Holbrook, Massahusetts USA

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, looks like everyone is having a good time and reflected in the scores :eek:

The scores are coming in thick and fast now, If I could remind everyone to include the first X missed as well - 'cos it's getting tight at the top !!!

When I get time I'll get all the photos together and put them in an album.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,
yesterday Italy shot postal match. scores and photos are available here

Attachments

• 130101_IPM_640.png.scaled.500.jpg
    130101_IPM_640.png.scaled.500.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Carlo, Love the Stamp Great tribute to our sport!

hi paul,
I am pleased that you liked photos. what do you think about the "stamp" just coined for this event?

Carlo,
Love the stamp! Great tribute to our sport! Someone has talent.
Any chance I could add that art work on a certificate that I plan to give the 12 Holbrook shooters?

Paul
Match Director Holbrook Sportmens club. USA

Back