TWO SHOOTERS SHOOT 250 25x AT TOMBALL

I'm afraid....

You know, I think you might be right. We just assumed we were supposed to use Creedmore on wipe outs too.

I'm afraid the rule does state, "number of wipeouts". But at local unregistered matches the match director can apply any rule the contestants agree too.

Great shooting though. That rifle and shooter are really humming this year.

Virg

Congratulations to both competitors. Renard just keeps plugging away. I was at the Super Shoot last year,as a spectator, when he won a big money pot for a small group. Dale Metzger is doing a good job of mentoring. I think Dale is an Ohio State fan. Explains it all.:D

Glenn

Renard has been coming over to Tomball and shooting our matches for quite some time. I feel safe in saying that Tomball has always been his nemesis. Something would always seem to happen to keep him out of the money, so to speak.

But he finally conquered "The Beast". Not only conquered it, but did it in the most convincing fashion possible. Hard work and due diligence pays off.

Renard is definetally one of "the good guys".

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter. You both shot 25 X's. Can't ever take that away from either of you. I think I remember it happening a few years back in a IBS registered match, but only once that I recall.

Renard has been coming over to Tomball and shooting our matches for quite some time. I feel safe in saying that Tomball has always been his nemesis. Something would always seem to happen to keep him out of the money, so to speak.

Looks like it happened again,at a CLUB match. 25X's and 19 WO, vs 25X's and 17WO. He gets second place

I would have given Renard the Win. But that's just me. This performance adds to the addiction. He's totally hooked.

Congrats again.

Glenn

Two Shooters shoot 250 25X at Tomball

(3) In the event of a tie of 250 and 25 X’s, then the scorer will break the tie by determining the number of “wipeout” X’s. A wipeout X is defined as the complete X dot being fully circumscribed by the caliber specific ring of the NBRSA scoring reticle.

This, from the NBRSA Score Rule Book.

No I did not.
I got to thinking about it this afternoon, went to the rule book and looked it up.
I knew about the Creedmore rule for a tie with less than 25X, but not for a perfect score tie.
Any way you slice it or dice it, you and Renard shot one heck of a match.
It was a ball to have been there.
Dale

at the match wipe outs was not even thought of, it was after that I ask Renard how many wipe outs did he have then he counted them.

Coondog, if wipeouts were not considered, how was there not a tie? Both shooters had a perfect target by X-count, so there was a tie in score, x's, and Creedmore. Anyhow it was some great shooting. James Mock

number of wipeouts were not considered we just went to creadmoore to the first wipeout MISSED

So, if Jackie had wiped out the first x and missed the other 24 and Renard had missed the first x and wiped out the other 24, Jackie would have won?

So, if Jackie had wiped out the first x and missed the other 24 and Renard had missed the first x and wiped out the other 24, Jackie would have won?

I am going to confer with our overall Tomball Gun Club Match Director and see what he wants to do. He can take the targets, and put a reticle on them and see who indeed had the most wipeouts, he can declare a Tie, or he can chalk it up as a learning experience and we can all pledge to do better.

Some might say, "geeze, it's just a club match". But guys, and girls, seem to take these Matches pretty serious. You can tell by the turnout, and the equipment on the line.

I take responsibility for this whole thing, I was ignorant of the procedure. I honestly thought that Wipeouts were only considered for record purposes of a Sanctioning Body, not for determining places at a match.

I do know this. The next time two shooters shoot a 250 25x, we WILL know what to do.;)

Last edited:
Back