TWO SHOOTERS SHOOT 250 25x AT TOMBALL

jackie schmidt

We had a cool, dreary day at Tomball for our 2d match of the season. 60 degrees, intermediate sprinkles, but VERY readable conditions, or at least for Tomball.

Two shooters, Renard Alexander and Jackie Schmidt both topped 250 25x. Jackie got the win with by way of the Greedmore Tie Breaker.

Thanks for everyone coming out, we had a good turnout even though rain was forcast.

We hope to see everybody at our big Group Match, The Crawfish, coming up later this month.

Here are the results:

Jackie Schmidt............250 25x. (Tie breaker)
Renard Alexander........250 25x
Dale Metzger............. 250 21x
Dwayne Pullum...........250 17x
JB Cason....................250 17x
Dan Blair....................250 17x

Thanks to Bruce Atkins for calling the Match

Last edited:
Never heard of two perfect scores at one match before. A forecast of the future of score shooting? Congratulations to both of you!

Cheers,
Keith

No Sighters????

We had a cool, dreary day at Tomball for our 2d match of the season. 60 degrees, intermediate sprinkles, but VERY readable conditions, or at least for Tomball.

Two shooters, Renard Alexander and Jackie Schmidt both topped 250 25x. Jackie got the win with by way of the Greedmore Tie Breaker.

Thanks for everyone coming out, we had a good turnout even though rain was forcast.

We hope to see everybody at our big Group Match, The Crawfish, coming up later this month.

Here are the results:

Jackie Schmidt............250 25x. (Tie breaker)
Renard Slecander........250 25x
Dale Meyzger............. 250 21x
Dwayne Pullum...........250 17x
JB Cason....................250 17x
Dan Blair....................250 17x

Thanks to Bruce Atkins for calling the Match

Jackie,

I couldn't help noticing that on several of your targets you didn't shoot any sighters.

You went straight to the record targets.

You obviously had a lot of confidence in you rifles capabilities.

Congrats to you and Renard! :cool:

Last edited:
Now THATS some GOOD SHOOTING !!! the real kicker is Jackie tied the record with 17 wipeouts and Renard had 19 WIPEOUTS !!!

So, wipeouts were used to determine a winner by creedmore? Is this normal in a NBRSA score match?

So, wipeouts were used to determine a winner by creedmore? Is this normal in a NBRSA score match?
Even in Registered Competition, wipeouts are only used for record breaking purposes on targets submitted to the Records Committee for consideration. At a Match, the Creedmore is used. In this case, the first shooter who failed to wipe out the X, starting with the number 1 bull on the first target, and so on, took 2d.

A few years back, we in the Gulf Coast Region attempted to have ties at Matches determined by total number of wipeouts, but it failed to pass.

Last edited:
We are both shooting a 30BR. I think Renard uses the standard Robinett chamber with the 1.500 trim to length, I use my own 1.540 trim to length chamber.

Even in Registered Competition, wipeouts are only used for record breaking purposes on targets submitted to the Records Committee for consideration. At a Match, the Creedmore is used. In this case, the first shooter who failed to wipe out the X, starting with the number 1 bull on the first target, and so on, took 2d.

A few years back, we in the Gulf Coast Region attempted to have ties at Matches determined by total number of wipeouts, but it failed to pass.

Unless something has changed, IBS rules allow a tie for multiple 25X scores. Wipeouts are never used at the range level to determine anything. I was just curious if the rules in NBRSA score were different.

Thanks, although I'm a bit confused. The rule reads as though total wipeouts is the tiebreaker, but in another thread, coondogkid posted that the other shooter had 19, and you had 17? Just a typo?
You know, I think you might be right. We just assumed we were supposed to use Creedmore on wipe outs too.

Congratulations to both competitors. Renard just keeps plugging away. I was at the Super Shoot last year,as a spectator, when he won a big money pot for a small group. Dale Metzger is doing a good job of mentoring. I think Dale is an Ohio State fan. Explains it all.:D

Glenn

Back