Tony's Book

Toys Book

Anybody know if Tony's book is available through mail order. And if so name and address please.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

If I remember correctly the book should be availible at the Super Shoot and then mail order from the usual suspects.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.....

Tony Boyer Book Details

Yes, a limited number of soft cover books will be available at the SuperShoot. However, just want to let everyone know this is a small shipment of 200 books, and I will first make it available to the out-of-country shooters attending SS for obvious shipping reasons. So unfortunately, not everyone who wants a book, or is on the reservation list will get a book at SS. The full the shipment will arrive in the US after July 7th. As soon as it clears customs, we will start filling orders. For those interested in getting on the list, please complete the form below, and cut and paste it into an email. If that is too complicated, please send a plain email to the address below with your order, quantity and contact info.We will notify all when to send payment. Next month, there will be a dedicated website where orders can be placed and payments can be made. I’ll keep you posted on that too.

Everyone should know that this has been a significant project in many ways…but one that is well worth the wait and hard work. Tony has done a magnificent and generous job of gifting us with his hard earned technical and practical knowledge and insight. The upside of the book is that Tony’s extensive rifle accuracy knowledge will be available to all. The downside is that the competition will be lot tougher at every shoot there after.

Thank you all for your interest.
Mustafa

RESERVE YOUR COPY OF TONY BOYER’S BENCHREST BOOK
Available July 2010

Soft Cover @ $34.50 ea. Qty;_______________
Hard Bound @ $42.50 ea. Qty;_______________
Limited Edition @ $64.50 ea.
(Autographed, with Slip Cover) Qty;_______________

NAME:
ADDRESS:
E-MAIL:
HOME PHONE:
WORK/CELLPHONE:

Please return this form to:
amanda@turkshead.com

Per page 9 of the April issue of PS - "The book has been completed and is being printed overseas by a firm that Mustafa has used in the past and in which he has a great deal of confidence. . . Actually bringing this book to publication has proven to be challenging."

Sounds like a story behind the story. . .

Yes, I to was very disapointed that such a great and honorable member of this sport would allow his much awaited book to be printed "overseas". I can only hope that Tony had no knowledge or control over this.

China the new printing powerhouse....

Next time you go to Sams or Costco, pick up some of those coffee table hard covers, most are now printed in China....

Sams is Wal-Mart, the worst offender of all, I never set foot in there. I don't come from MONEY, but that doesn't mean I have to shop at bottom dollar places for our needs. It's about return for the dollar, not bottom dollar. When you spend money on American made products you reinvest in America. It only makes the most (cents) $en$e.

And you ask about Lapua and Vhita Vhouri Oy, Yes I do spend money on that stuff. It's not about spending money on a Cheaper product that's made cheaper though. It's about buying a better Product. Would you prefer I shoot Hodgdon? The last few bottles of 8208 I noticed like most of the other Hodgdon Products are made in Australia. My buying From Lapua and buying from Vhit isn't saving me tons of money either, at the cost of American jobs. It's the best product at a higher price, I doubt that Chinese Printing is better or more accurate than the printing being done here in the US, it's only cheaper.

Thanks pbike, I also wanted to mention that "Extreme Rifle Accuracy" by Mike Ratigan was published & Manufacured in the USA. Atleast Mike "gets it". Big Kudos to Mike!!

I do apologize for turning this thread into a political/economics/ethics/pride issue, I guese I was just raised a little different than the many (Americans) that would sale our country for a few bucks. It's probably not their fault, they were raised in a differant time than those of us that have had to defend our country with our own lives on the line. Irony has a funny way of coming into play, when those that shop at Wal-mart lose their own job to "overseas" hopefully Wal-mart will hire them and hopefully it will sink in at that time.

Hi Mustafa,
I sent an e-mail to the address you have listed, will I receive a confirmation that i am on the list? I just want to make sure my e-mail got through and did not end up in a junk mail/spam filter.

Thanks

Thanks Patrick

I want to reassure you and all the others that we have received and added names onto the reservation list for the Boyer book as fast as we can go. Sorry that I can't respond to everyone individually, specially just before the Super Shoot.

Soon there will be a mass mailing to all on the list with a website address and payment options. In the meantime, for those interested, attached below is the cover of the book.

Thank you,
Mustafa

Attachments

• Boyer_Book_Cover.jpg
    Boyer_Book_Cover.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 732
Jason, I appreciate your opinions. As you mentioned "if you don't like it, then don't buy it". That is one of the many great freedoms we have. I am just torn between wanting it so bad and yet feeling that buying it is supporting what is wrong. I agree with free trade, nothing to do with price. Mustafa could double the price and still sell just as many books. It isn't about price. It's about supporting someone from another country before your neighbor and fellow American. You have to admit that our economy is not what it used to be. Though there are many factors, this is part of the problem. I don't think Tony's small book order will "make or break" a local printer, though if everybody did it, then it will. It's not the $20/spent by the everage person in this country at Wal-mart, it is the sum total of several billion.
I don't know the inside story on why the book is being printed outside the US.
Maybe Mustafa would enlighten us?

My father does own a printing company and has produced many books (among other commercial printing). Right now the printing industry in America is slow. I'm sure that customer service, quality and turn-around time is not an issue for American printers. I don't beleive that countries outside the US have better: paper, ink, presses or higher quality standards. After all, it is a book, kind of simple.
Being from the outside, this would be a great time for Mustafa to fill us in on the decision to print the book of the greatest Benchrest shooter of all time "overseas". If nothing more than to humor us.
Years ago my economics professor told us that America would no longer be the great manufacturing power house. Other countries have cheaper labor and have begun to outdo us in manufacturing. The US has been the largest consumer market for many generations. If our "job" in the world market is to buy things, then what do we do to make money if we no longer make anything to sell? My economics professor failed to answer this same question, can you?

Sincerely, another educated red neck

Its a buisness

type of thing I assume what is Mustafas buisness is non of yours buy and read or dont bother stop hassling people that actually got off their arse and did what most of us are glad to see happen.

Thanks J for your last comment. Jason was one of mine at San Gabriel BR before he moved to Chico. Great young shooter knows the BR game.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Yes, I to was very disapointed that such a great and honorable member of this sport would allow his much awaited book to be printed "overseas". I can only hope that Tony had no knowledge or control over this.

Probably couldn't find a U.S. Publisher who would take on the project for so few copies. This book isn't going to end up on a national best seller list. We're a VERY SMALL audience. If he wanted it published at all, he was probably only left with the alternative of going outside this country.

Back