Tomball Gun Club Club Match Schedule and Info

jackie schmidt

Here is our finilized Club Match Schedule for the Tomball Gun Club. All matches are on the first Sunday of the Dates listed.

February 7th
March 7th
June 6th
August 1st
October 3d

All Matches start at 9:00 am. I will have the gates open at 6:00 am. We will have a warmup, (sight in ), followed by 5 record Matches.

The Format is as before, 100 yards for Score. The classes are also the same, Factory, Modified, and Benchrest. Entry fee is still $15, the best deal in town. The requirements for participation are you show up, and be willing to have a good time.:D

Rather than I list all the class rules, just do a search. We have listed them several times. If you have any questions about which class your Rifle might be in, feel free to give me a call at (832) 689-4157.

We look forward to having another successful shooting season at Tomball............JACKIE

Adrian

These are our non registered Club Matches.

Tomball will be hosting two back to back NBRSA Registered Varmint for Score Matches in July. We will be shooting it in conjunction with the Texas State and Gulf Coast Region HBR the same week end.

Heck, Adrian, it's only about a 25 hour drive, Come on down. I can guarantee it will notr be cold:D........jackie

Adrian ...

If you decide to make the drive, the only other thing you may want to bring, besides your benchrest gear, is a small rubber boat! :D

Attachments

• Tomball Club Crawfish.jpg
    Tomball Club Crawfish.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 423
Cost & Stuff

25 hours is quite a drive... However, the price of air travel really isn't that bad. Shipping stuff to the match would cost more than a plane ticket.

Adrian

Tomball

Only three weeks til the first match. Can't wait.

Jackie has done a great job organizing and running a well attended club match. Part of this series of matches is competing for the overall Shooter of The Year award. You can bet the competition will be tough.

As an incentive to the factory shooters, I am again this year going to sponsor a "Factory Class Shooter of the Year" award. Same format of "best four out of five matches" but just for the factory class. So bring your hot shooting factory rig and have at it.

I believe there will also be an award for the modified class this year.

Fun will be had by all.

Joe

Jackie, the map link on "Texas Ranges" didn't work for Tomball. I'm sure you've provided location info before but can you do it again? :eek:

Jerry

Jackie, the map link on "Texas Ranges" didn't work for Tomball. I'm sure you've provided location info before but can you do it again? :eek:

The address for the Tomball Gun Club is 12600 Zion Road Tomball, Texas.

Go to Google and get yourself a map. You can also use the satellite photo's and visually locate the range from outer space.....:D

Last edited:
adamsgt ...

Just so happens I saved some directions for me coming from Austin, and folks coming from the North like Dallas and Fort Worth. Hope this helps.

From I-45 North, take 2920 toward Tomball. You will go about 10 miles, and see FM 2978. Take a right, and go about a mile to the red light. Take a left, and proceed about 1/8 mile, the road will take a sharp 90 degree turn to the left. The next street is Zion. Take a right, go down about 3 tenths mile, you will cross a bridge. About one more block, you will see the yellow Tomball Gun Club sign on the right. Proceed down this dirt road through two gates, about a mile, and you will dead end into the range.

From the Tomball Inn Address: 30130 State Highway 249, (formerly Best Western Tomball Inn), Tomball, TX 77375-4015 PH: (281) 351-9700.

Directions from Austin

Jackie, I'm driving over from Austin on Saturday August 2nd. Using 290 to 2920 to Tomball. Staying at the Tomball Inn on State Highway 249 Saturday night. Zion appears to intersect 249 north of the Inn. Can you provide directions to the club from there. Thanks, Art

Art: Proceed down Zion for about a mile. You will cross a mainline Rail Road track. Go about another 3/4 mile, and start looking for the big yellow Tomball Gun Club sign on the left. If you reach a bridge over a creek, you have gone too far. Zion dead ends into E Huffsmith. If you make it to there, you have gone about .4 miles too far. I will put a stake with a target on the turnoff to the range. The range road is a dirt road that goes about a mile back into the woods and dead ends into the Range. I will have my cell phone. If you get lost, call me. The number is (832) 689-4157 See you there. ... jackie. Art :)

Thanks guys for the address info. My daughter and her husband moved recently to The Woodlands area so I can probably combine a visit with a match. Mapquest found the range easily, now to see if my TomTom gps can as well. :)

I'm in, will there be a reserved section for the brake shooters again?

-pd

I'll be there as well. Also wondering about a bench for a muzzle brake... Missed the last match last year, but looking forward to this one.

shooting plus a hat pin?????

I can't wait to come back down to shoot with the SUPER people at Tomball.

Jackie, you got some of those hat Pin's to give out to the 250's????
I plan on getting me one of them. Makes that 4 hour drive from Dallas well worth it. :D

Braske

Yes, I will have a target frame set up on the far right to accomadate shooters who have muzzle brakes. There will be at least two benches between these benches and the first 18 where the regular frames will be. Come on out and shoot.

The "250" hat pins pins are supposed to be in any day. I hope they become as coveted as out ribbons.:D.......jackie

Mike

Bring her on. I bet she has a good time.

Someday I am going to shoot a match's worth of score targets with my 6.5 x 284 just to see what it will score. Should be fun. We know it shoots well. ;)

Zombie

I can't wait to come back down to shoot with the SUPER people at Tomball.

Jackie, you got some of those hat Pin's to give out to the 250's????
I plan on getting me one of them. Makes that 4 hour drive from Dallas well worth it. :D

Jackie has the 250 pins and said they looked sharp.....

Last edited:
Back