The "Unbreakable" LV .009 WORLD RECORD Has Been Broken!!!

333smitty

Tomball Gun Club
The "Unbeatable" LV .009 WORLD RECORD Has Been Broken!!!

Just got the great news that Mike Stinnett has broken Mac McMillens "unbeatable" LV100 .009 record with

MIND BLOWING .0077!!!

Many thought this record would NEVER be broken and stand forever..

Mike accomplished this great feat with a 30PPC under some tough conditions at Denton, Texas.

Pictures of the new record group to follow as soon as I get them.

Congratulations Michael.

Last edited:
woowow,,,,congrats Mike,,,I must admit I thought it culdnt be done!!!,,,,records were made to be broken (mine were,,hahaha)....and with a 30 cal....good shootin!!!..Im also glad that all the controversy and hearsay about the .009" record can be laid to rest,,,,this one was measured with everything from dial calipers to electron microscope!!!!!,,,,,Roger

Last edited:
Congratulations Mr. Stennett. You are "The Man".
May you enjoy this for a long, long time.

Joe

What a feat! Congrats Mike! Obviously, we're gonna want to know all about this 30PPC. I hear that you form it from a Grendel case. What's involved? Are you really using H4198? Tell us about the gun and cartridge that just shot the smallest group EVER in a registered match. This is absolutely HUGE to the sport of Benchrest! I am very happy to hear that you have broken the "unbeatable" .009. Congrats again!

Last edited:
Wow! I would like to read all the details about the rifle, load, rest & bags, shooting style, and a blow by blow on how the group was shot and the conditions. This is truly amazing. Congratulations.

Fantastic!

Wow! Not only did he set a record, he broke the one they said couldn't be broken! :D

Way to go Mike, proud of you man.

Gene Beggs

Mr Double 077

Mr Double 077: Congratulations your new world record.

George

Holy KuhRApppp, THE Worlds Record..... Yer Grandaddies granddaddy record.....and now the McMillan's can rest in peace :)

Double O Seven Seven, it just don't get any better'n 'at!

congratulations
al

Benchrests Smallest Records

!00 Yard 5 Shot

L/V 0.0077 Stinnett-2013

U/L 0.049 OCock

H/V 0.027 Landon -1975

S/P 0.041 Thurbrugh

Last edited:
Shot with???

!00 Yard 5 Shot

L/V 0.0077 Stennett

U/L 0.049 OCock

H/V 0.027 Landon

S/P 0,041 Thurbrugh

I had the joy of watching Mike shoot several club matches at Denton a few years back. He posted a whole lot of 1s back then and even some 0s. I have seen his name at the top of the list more and more each year since then. I remember my jaw drop the first zero group I saw. Simply amazing. I hope to get back in the sport soon.

For us newbies that don't know BR history well - what were all the records set with? Mike's 30PPC. Where all the others with a 6PPC?

Congrats to Mike. Luck, Tim

Back