The New Farley Trigger

Pete Wass

Do one or more of you fellow contributors have one or more of the new Farley kinetic trigger you can report on it's functionality, rather or not you like or dislike it ?

Thanks,

Pete

I have been waiting on one for over a year now. Last I heard from Farley, they were waiting for the instructions to be written up and in print. I was told it shouldn't take any longer than 2 weeks. Like I said. that was almost a year ago. I know of a few fellas that have them. the reviews are mixed I think. Lee

Have any of these things actually been shipped to more than 5-6 people Lee? I was very interested for some time but probably not " Farley time" so to speak.

I really wouldn't know. I know of 4 and I have heard of a couple more, but that's all I know of. I gave up on getting mine. To be real honest, I don't even want it anymore. The next trigger I buy will be a bix & Andy. Lee

Hi ALL, I called FARLEY about 6 months ago and asked availability, and they said they would get it right out ..............about 10 days later it arrived..I asked them to set it as LIGHT as possible as they told me it could be set under 2oz...I love it...I removed a 2 oz Jewell and threw it in a box of junk....I didn't put the DIGITAL Pull gage on it but just get your finger on it barely, and it is gone...In fact i use a SEB NEO Joy Stick rest on the ARA target...AND if you are not concentrating moving the joy stick to next BULL, better have the finger OUT OF THE WAY....On one target i bumped/touched finger and fired between the bulls twice for not thinking..........Dropped 200 point right there.....Probably 2 light for most but I can adjust upwards, but i like them that way..............Anyway with the SEAR DROPPING AWAY there is NO DRAG AT ALL from the cocking piece........Sear is set exactly opposite from the Rem Pattern Triggers............I would buy another in a heart beat........It is a piece of art really...............Carl

Yes as with all of farley products the triggers are a work of art and very very well made. Best trigger ive had by far but when i get triggers i need like 7-8 at a time. So chris at bullet central supplies my bix n andys and thats the next best thing.

Hi ALL, I called FARLEY about 6 months ago and asked availability, and they said they would get it right out ..............about 10 days later it arrived..I asked them to set it as LIGHT as possible as they told me it could be set under 2oz...I love it...I removed a 2 oz Jewell and threw it in a box of junk....I didn't put the DIGITAL Pull gage on it but just get your finger on it barely, and it is gone...In fact i use a SEB NEO Joy Stick rest on the ARA target...AND if you are not concentrating moving the joy stick to next BULL, better have the finger OUT OF THE WAY....On one target i bumped/touched finger and fired between the bulls twice for not thinking..........Dropped 200 point right there.....Probably 2 light for most but I can adjust upwards, but i like them that way..............Anyway with the SEAR DROPPING AWAY there is NO DRAG AT ALL from the cocking piece........Sear is set exactly opposite from the Rem Pattern Triggers............I would buy another in a heart beat........It is a piece of art really...............Carl
I guess your heart quit beating or you would have ordered another.

I guess your heart quit beating or you would have ordered another.

I ONLY have 1 MATCH ARA or IR-50 competitive Rimfire, so the one is all i need. If i needed MORE, i would have them.....I shoot mostly F-Class, both Open and F-TR, and campaign 5 different competitive rifles there, out to 1,000 yds, and actually enjoy it way more than rimfire. ..Cheers..............Carl

dusty
correct me if I read this wrong. you prefer the Farley trigger over the bix and andy trigger? I am still waiting on my Farley, maybe I need to get back on the phone? Lee

Anything that jim farley designs is state of the art and perfect. But he likes to make one run then plan on making more later (enter farley time). The bix n andy is nice and chris is a very nice dude and is a very knowledgable shooter. So unless you want to get caught up in the vortex then chris is your man. Like i said if i cant have a box full of em i dont even consider it because having different triggers on each gun doesnt work in br. So runaround the orig question yes the farley trigger is head and shoulders above but i consider it a unicorn so choose the bix n andy.

You dont need good triggers on your long range rigs?

Of course I do, and a Jewel is just fine on them...........I only used the Farley for it's design of NO DRAG on the sear from the cocking piece. Installed on Rimfire Match gun and haven't seen any noticeable increase from higher scores on target, BUT have only shot one match since installation. But it does remove another crumb VS the Remington Pattern Triggers..........Carl

Forget the Farley

Hard to know if they are any good since they won't answer the phone or respond to an email to acept an order.

Don. Just buy a Bix N' Andy. It's a better trigger. I appreciated the fact that Jim Farley let me try one of his triggers about a year ago, and to me it was better than a Jewell, but not as good as a B&A.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Mr. Farley doesn't like working on, or isn't equipped to go, production. This is much like Don Neilson, who has told me he likes to work on prototype designs. I asked Don what production is and he told me anything over one. Perhaps Mr. Farley and the general public would be better served if he sent his trigger work off to someone who can and will do production work, much as Don Neilson has. The designer could still have control over final quality control. Come to think of it, Charlie Hood does the same thing.

Jim has to be one of the best design engineers ever but he really isnt equipped for production. Anybody thats ever been there knows what im talking about. He really shouldnt put prototypes on his site until theyre into production. They cant run anything but rests when you get right down to it.

Jim has to be one of the best design engineers ever but he really isnt equipped for production. Anybody thats ever been there knows what im talking about. He really shouldnt put prototypes on his site until theyre into production. They cant run anything but rests when you get right down to it.

And the rest are still built on FARLEY TIME.

Think about everything else they dont actually put out like triggers and actions- the rests come out by the train loads comparatively

Back