The Last Day

Thank you all - - -

Yesterday was my first day, I chilled out all day. Work called on a couple of things but I didn't mind nor did I volunteer to rush right over to help. I won't have a problem with this I have worked at a variety of things during my life so I realize life goes on after one leaves anything.

Early in my working life I worked as a Machinetool Rebuilder for several years. During that time I learned the basics of machining so I plan to do some of my own work now. I have a 10" South Bend that I rebuilt some years ago and it is still in pretty good shape. I want to buy a small milling machine and I will be in Fat City. My biggest problem is I don't have a warm place to have my shop. I am trying to think of some place I can rent at this point that would be affordable and convenient to where I am living.

I am tenatively planning, instead of buying $4. per gallon heating oil, go to some place warm and visit some friends in the West I haven't seen in a few years. I am thinking South Texas; any comments on that?

So, the adventure has begun, now I got to go prepare all those cases for the Nationals next month! :eek:

Last edited:
Congrats Pete on your retirement, a person that has a life outside of work will never be bored by retirement so I'm sure you will have a ball. Enjoy, steve

Back