The fifth shot

In score shooting, it’s not the fifth shot, it’s that darn first shot of the Match.

When the command of Commence Fire is given, I am often scared to death to shoot that number one target. You watch the flags, hit the sighter twice to be sure your POA is dead on, swing over to shoot that number one bull and.........you miss the X.

It’s there forever.

Jackie...You got one of your old score targets laying around that you could post to illustrate your point. Just for those who dont know what score targets look like.

You are correct....That first shot in group shooting is free. All you gotta do is put the next four in the same hole.:D

Glenn

In score shooting, it’s not the fifth shot, it’s that darn first shot of the Match.

When the command of Commence Fire is given, I am often scared to death to shoot that number one target. You watch the flags, hit the sighter twice to be sure your POA is dead on, swing over to shoot that number one bull and.........you miss the X.

It’s there forever.

I agree with the first shot on score hurts especially when you got 5 to 10 in the same hole in the sighters. Another one that hurts is after going clean for 49 shots and lose one on the last shot.

Varmint For Score

For the viewers who have never seen a Varmint for score target.

The 100yd,5X Example below, was recently shot at a registered match, by a rookie with a hot gun.

This is a fun game and a tough game. Everybody should try it at least once.

Try to make it out to one of your local Varmint for score matches, and witness how a competitor can make a complete mess of these targets.

5iExsQv.jpg

It gets tougher at 200yds. Same shooter.

bHrg9mX.jpg

Glenn

Last edited:
Back