The Crawfish Match Results

D

Doug

YardsCrawfish.gif

MetersCrawfish.gif

Hi Doug...thanks for posting the results sooooooo fast. We all appreciate your time and effort to git er done. DJB

Doug,

Just a question, is the equipment list correct for this event. If so Mr. Hall must be a happy man, Mr. Sako also.

Brian

Brian, There are some glitches in the equipment list and some of the reasons stem back to info bleed over from the previous year and incomplete registration forms for this year. Sorry for the mix-up, but for specific info, you might want to contact the shooter personally to get the straight scoop on his secret weapon of choice. Thumper

Thumper, thanks, somebody mentioned to me the list might not be accurate. I know what Allen was shooting and have spoken to Bob Collins. So having recently purchased a Hall action, I’m a happy bunny.

Brian

Brian...the equipment list should be accurate unless the shooter changed equipment after sign up. I verified and updated the list as I entered each competitor. I can't guarantee I entered all the competitors, but it should be 95% plus accurate with the sign in sheets.

Jim

Thumper, thanks, somebody mentioned to me the list might not be accurate. I know what Allen was shooting and have spoken to Bob Collins. So having recently purchased a Hall action, I’m a happy bunny.

Brian

Brain,

I am almost positive (but please verify) that on Sunday for Meters that Chan McDonald shot Allen Halls gun for the 10.5, and 13.5.

That Black gun posted some great scores!!!

Tim

Brain,

I am almost positive (but please verify) that on Sunday for Meters that Chan McDonald shot Allen Halls gun for the 10.5, and 13.5.

That Black gun posted some great scores!!!

Tim

Nope, going to take your word for it Tim. Having just invested in a Hall and all the associated costs in getting it over here, I happy to see another Hall shooter on the list. :D

Brian

Brian: When you get a killer barrel on that Hall you will not want for anything else. I love mine, and with a scope I can see through it will hold its own with anything out there. With a 6X scope it eats me for breakfast and lunch. The Hall is smooth, easy to load and in my opinion flawless. To top it off Allen is a super guy. Thats jam on the crumpet. bob

Over the last 3 years the equipment list has not been that great because Match Directors/Scorers never took the time to update it ::( – UNTILL this years Crawfish!!

Jim grabbed the “Bull by the Horns” and said I will do it and he did! 98% of the equipment is what the Shooters declared before the match – otherwise it was what they used over the last year & was in the database.
If Jim is EVER at your match & he volunteers to help take him up on his offer!!! :D

Allen’s Killer rifle is one of the exceptions - he lent it to a person he shared a bench with for meters!!
Two others I know about were some Rock Barrels that were not updated.

Nether less Alan’s 500 is probably a score that will be tough to beat at a future Crawfish & It is a FIRST!! Well Done Allen!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up shooting my prototype Stiller Copperhead in the 10.5lb and 13.5lb in both yards and meters instead of my Turbo that is listed.
It was a last second decision on Saturday morning.:D
I had a problem with the gun in the 13.5lb meters but that was my stupid mistake and not the guns fault.

Paul Tolvstad
Rock Creek Barrels

Last edited:
I ended up shooting my prototype Stiller Copperhead in the 10.5lb and 13.5lb in both yards and meters instead of my Turbo that is listed.
It was a last second decision on Saturday morning.:D

Hi, sorry I don't know your name or I'd look up your result, not that that always tells the whole story. How did the Copperhead perform?

Brian

Brian,
I shot the Copperhead on Friday and it did very well. Paul did very well with it. He missed 1 shot that was a 2 pointer and wound up with a 248. Haveyou tried the Turbo springs yet?
Jim
PS Mine are doing great.

Brian,
I shot the Copperhead on Friday and it did very well. Paul did very well with it. He missed 1 shot that was a 2 pointer and wound up with a 248. Haveyou tried the Turbo springs yet?
Jim
PS Mine are doing great.

Jim,

Good to hear the Copperheads are shooting so well. I really would have liked one but they are taking a little while to get into production. From the pictures I’ve seen they look a class piece of engineering.

The spring is working great, not one misfire since it was fitted. I have had a few problems with accuracy but after getting a good barrel cleaning regime in place the rifle is shooting as well as it’s ever done.

Thanks
Brian

I just remembered

what a fellow who did some gunsmithing for a few years until he became unable said about Actions. He said, "once a Gate is Closed, the Gate is Closed." I didn't ask him directly what he meant but I assumed he meant that once a round was chambered, the action had done it's part and it didn't make a whole lot of difference as long as the round discharged.

If you think about it and think about the list of rifles that competed in the Crawfish, representatives of a pretty good number of actions are there. Just reading through it, I can't seem to determine rather or not there is a clear advantage to owning one over the other. I think it does lend some credance to what my former Gunsmith friend said though.

People have their preferences , RR RL and RLR or the oposite of that but once the gate is closed, the windflags take over all else being equal.

Last edited:
Back