That Was A Great NASCAR Championship Race!!

jackie schmidt

My daughter is disappointed, she's a big Kyle Bush fan. We grilled steaks and watched the race together.

7 times for the 48. He earned it. Coming from dead last to win it all.

I am really happy one of the top four won the race!

I liked all of them.

I have always been a JJ fan.

Did you know he, Jimmy Johnson, always knew he would be a champion race car driver; so in high school he started practicing his autograph!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check it out, it's on of the best.

Lagono

I was happy with Johnson's win as I have been a fan of his since he joined Cup racing, but I was disappointed win Carl Edwards demise in the race. He had one of the best cars in the race and the championship would he not been wrecked purposely by Lagono. I believe he could have lifted off the gas and not driven Edwards into the wall.
I hope the other drivers return the favor in the first ten races of next season.

Now if Dale Jr. would just win a championship before he retires I would be happy. I am encouraged also from what I saw out of Elliott and Larson this past season. Plus I am wondering where Bowman will end up, as he showed some talent also.

Danny

My daughter is disappointed, she's a big Kyle Bush fan. We grilled steaks and watched the race together.

7 times for the 48. He earned it. Coming from dead last to win it all.
Why was he placed at the back of the field? All that was said is that Knaus did "modifications" on the car after it was on pit row. Knowing the history of "cheatin" Chad, I wonder if anyone else would have been disqualified? Just wondering? James Mock

I was happy with Johnson's win as I have been a fan of his since he joined Cup racing, but I was disappointed win Carl Edwards demise in the race. He had one of the best cars in the race and the championship would he not been wrecked purposely by Lagono. I believe he could have lifted off the gas and not driven Edwards into the wall.
I hope the other drivers return the favor in the first ten races of next season.

Now if Dale Jr. would just win a championship before he retires I would be happy. I am encouraged also from what I saw out of Elliott and Larson this past season. Plus I am wondering where Bowman will end up, as he showed some talent also.

Danny

Carl tried to block him, No fan of Joey but Carl had that comming. Maybe Bowman may get the 88 when Jr. goes in the booth next year after Daytona or the 5 he isn't setting the world on fire......... lol. jim

Kinda hard to care anymore! I've been to a lot of Nascar races. My Dad first took me to Martinsville when it was dirt. Nascar has screwed around with the rules so much they have just about killed the sport. Every rule change cost the teams a lot of money making it much harder for the small teams to compete. The Nascar "brain trust" is pretty much brainless now!! They don't have a title sponsor signed for next year. I'd like to see them go Chapter 13, look in the stands, hard to hide all the empty seats. some speedways have torn down sections of seats.

Why was he placed at the back of the field? All that was said is that Knaus did "modifications" on the car after it was on pit row. Knowing the history of "cheatin" Chad, I wonder if anyone else would have been disqualified? Just wondering? James Mock

NASCAR never actually "disqualifys" anybody. They give penalties.

Even if your car does not pass post race inspection after a win. They NEVER take the win away, they just dock you points and fine you.

That was the appropriate penalty for the infraction. Starting at the back of the pack. But, he is still Jimmy Johnson, that car still has 48 on the side, and Chad was still directing the show.

Carl tried to block him, No fan of Joey but Carl had that comming. Maybe Bowman may get the 88 when Jr. goes in the booth next year after Daytona or the 5 he isn't setting the world on fire......... lol. jim

Junior might not be back. The rumor is he still can't pass the concusion protocol.

Bowman is the logical choice, he is already in the Hendricks stable, and the kid can drive.

As for Carl and Joey, Carl admitted the only way he could keep him behind him was to block him, and hope for the best. Unfortunately, that "best" resulted in taking him out, and making Logano a non factor.

Especially since the 48 was up there.

Carl has a loosing record trying to block, i remember the car in the fence trying to block Kes..... jim

Nascar has totally screwed up racing with the chase formats,and this last one where the championship comes down to one race is a joke. Kyle Bush won the championship last year after missing half the year with a broken leg. The championship is suppose to be about excelling all year, not winning one race!

What will NASQUEER come up with next year? In 2016 they banned our flag and extended a special invite to perverts!! Just as the NFL, NBA and NCAA. For some reason they all like the perverts to attend. I told Bill Jr last spring I'm not going to sit beside an AIDS carrier!

Nascar has totally screwed up racing with the chase formats,and this last one where the championship comes down to one race is a joke. Kyle Bush won the championship last year after missing half the year with a broken leg. The championship is suppose to be about excelling all year, not winning one race!

I have been a NASCAR fan since the '60's. I have seen every Format, every engine/car combo, seen the days when only 5 cars would be on the lead lap, half the cars didn't even finish, and with 5 races to go, we already knew who the Champion was.

Went through the Grand National Years, the Car of Tommorrow, the Car Of Today, to present.

I enjoy it more now than ever. Mainly because my Daughter, who is an avid Kile Bush Fan, and I watch races together. She also has a couple of school teacher friends who are avid fans as well.

About all she knows about Dale Earnhart is he was Junior's dad. When she watches a race, she has her computer on Kyle's in car radio, she has a live feed, and hears everything.

She has a full size wall "fathead" of the # 18 car on the wall of her classroom at school, complete with the M&M's pit crew.

I can tell you everything about the cars. I know tire pressures, track bars, shock timing, spring rates, engine specs, and so on. My daughter would't know a ECU from a Drain Plug. But, she knows what Kyle's wife is getting their baby for Christmas.

To NASCAR, she is just as much of a fan as I am.

Last edited:
Different strokes for different folks:), I was a fan from the 60's also and I use to watch most of the races but I could care less since they instituted the chase format. I know fans like your daughter are who they are targeting now and I wish them luck but most of the old fans that I know hate the format same as me and seldom will watch a race and absolutely wouldn't buy one of their high price tickets. I see where being able to share it with your daughter would add to the appeal but it's not for me.

I go back pretty far myself i can remember when NASCAR wouldn't let the Ford OHC 427 run ...... very sad day...... They can't get nothing right. The fix is in, they are as bad as the DNC.......LOL .. jim

They've come a long way since running 'shine.

Left hand turns after the first lap get old.....real quick.

The true world driving champions turn left & right,run twin turbo'd V8's that twist 18,000 + RPM's & have KERS.
Every option that you enjoy today on your late model cars/trucks was developed in FORMULA 1.
turbo's
fuel injection
carbon fiber/composite technology
abs
traction control
paddle shifters
sequential gearboxes
KERS

When I watch NASCAR I want to see Ford beat Chevy beat Dodge, (I am a Ford fan), or vice versa, I do not care. In the old days this is what happened. In the new days the body styles are the same except they have stickers on them. You are allowed the company motors but they have to be dyno to the same specs. In F1 which I am a fan of, you can still see McLaren, battling Mercedes battling Ferrari battling Renaugh, what-ever. From a driver’s perspective, I have to go along with NASCAR, but from a manufacture’s perspective, I have to go F1. I will never drive but I will buy, but to be honest, I will never own a Ferrari. What the answer is I do not know? But it is funny when Bernie what his name, admits in public that the biggest mistake he made was to let the V6 in because people from all over the world want to hear a V8, or a V10. I do not know what the answer is but I know in the old days I used to go religiously to the races, now I do not care if NASCAR runs or not. What the answer is? Again I do not know.

Back