Test tubes or vials for powder storage.

82boy

Patrick Kennedy
Where is everyone getting the test tubes or vials that fit into a plastic ammo box, that they store pre-measured powder in ?

I think I remember these vial's from the 60's. Try a dentist

I know there not what your looking for, but im a heating tech by trade and i have found the little snap cases that heating oil nozzles come in work perfectly, and will fit into an ammo box built for the wsm but are a little short to dig back out, till i found a case for the wssm perfect fit. think i had to pay 7 bucks for the mtm case guard and the snap casses are free and in endless supply all winter long. Just a red neck approach i guess.

I've also bought from Lake Charles Mfg. Purchased 250 of the Pyrex 10x75ml glass vials with snap on/off plastic lids - they work great! Enough capacity to hold any PPC or 30BR type charge. I would recommend the glass over the plastic to cut down on some of the static electricity; easy to get all of the powder out without sticking. Also order one of their no wire (plastic) racks to hold tubes while working. I take to the range in 100 rd. MTM boxes; make up some sort of box diagram (with a spreadsheet) so you can see what charge is in which column. Iti's easy to hold a powder funnel in my left hand and pop the top off the tube with my right hand before pouring.

I have not had any problems with the plastic ones from ebay and at $5 for 20 of them they are pretty cheap.
They do fit into the MTM boxes with no problem in or out. Just to make sure of any static issues in the early spring and such I just put a dryer sheet into the mtm box on top of them and as I said I have never had a problem with all the powder coming right out first pour.

Back