Sure name in the forum?

Dear Wilbur and Moderators,

I have a little question/concern here... why don't you make a policy to require all members to use their sure/true name? or even with their photo?

You know what I mean... many of us in this forum prefer to talk with, say Stuart Elliot, rather than "stuart007" --- just for instance.

Some people might think that it is "cool" (or so?) to use a false / secret name, but it is not imo.

Best Regards,
Sebastian Lambang.

Edit: I have changed my avatar.

Last edited:
I personally would prefer that it be "safe" to do that. But having worked for some very hoplophobic employers that were not bashful about doing web search background checks. I'm a little more comfortable about not losing employment due to my hobby interests. Same reason I don't even have a FaceBook account.
As far as posting though. I use the same login name everywhere and one particular forum has told me that "Everyone knows who you are anyways".

Drove me to the internet:

Never heard of hoplophobia? Most people haven't. The made-up word to describe people who fear guns hasn't caught on. Not even longtime gun enthusiasts are familiar with the term.

A real name OK.

You know it adds little to the site right ?

Sebastian Lambang.

most older shooters know this is actually a shortened version of HopalongCassidyPhobia, from the early 50's.
I probably have that. Never liked the TV show. The books were better. For TV, there was the Lone Ranger -- much better, if you had a TV. We didn't get one 'til '55. I got my first girlfriend because her family had a T.V, -- but that's another story...

So if you call yourself anything but your real name your more prone to lie interesting ?? I can ,t say that is silly but I think I will . I don,t know you and don,t know your name and don,t care to . But if you tell me your name is Bill Then I can believe you OK sign me up . Seen a lot of Sites and never one that ask you use your real name .

Think maybe for a reason .

Your real name isn't Mike is it?..........:)

So if you call yourself anything but your real name your more prone to lie interesting ?? I can ,t say that is silly but I think I will . I don,t know you and don,t know your name and don,t care to . But if you tell me your name is Bill Then I can believe you OK sign me up . Seen a lot of Sites and never one that ask you use your real name .

Think maybe for a reason .

I thought the non real name user names were playful at heart. When I joined this forum lots of members had "stage names" and I thought it just added a little personality to it. I don't see where anyone has been hidding behind it. I usually sign my whole name at end of post and always at least my first name cause after all aren't we all here to make friends and B.S.
I think if a person is inappropriate on the site he gets the boot and if some one is friendly then show liberty and freedom whether their name is Tom Jones or Bazookashooter4343. If we take away simple freedoms out of fear of each other then I'm all done here.

Tim Jurczak

I thought you could find who people were by there profiles, but I was wrong mine isn't there anymore. It was when I signed on!

Joe Saltalamachia
Oswego, New York
[315-342-3088
How is that! If you can't afford to call send your number.

No problem Francis, that's ok... even hard-headed man can learn, soon or later he will learn.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but if you all notice - although not all, the ones who use non real name that usually make silly response/statements or long (childish) debates in this forum.

seb.

For those of us who are not yet retired, I think Vibe nailed it. "But having worked for some very hoplophobic employers that were not bashful about doing web search background checks. I'm a little more comfortable about not losing employment due to my hobby interests. Same reason I don't even have a FaceBook account."
Employers are now looking at all internet programs and to what their prospective employee interests, friends are, to make their decision. Unfortunatly most employers are no longer GUN friendly.
My handel/forum name "Fixinit" has been in use since I first signed into my first forum 1995ish. I always sign my real name at the bottom of my post.
Kim

I use my first name.
However my concern is not the people who are on this sight but those who search the internet for ID theft.
You can do searches in google on a persons name and bring up posts in BRC.
I have a friend on this site that had that happen to him. If he cares to post he can tell the rest of the story.

Back