Sporter

• Thread starter JohnsonGunsmith
  • Start date
J

JohnsonGunsmith

I heard that the rules for sporter class would be extended or discountinued at the nationals. I have not heard either way and have some new barrels to install. If we can still use a 224 I would like to know it. I have planned on building a light 22 caliber but do not want to if I can't shoot it in both classes.
Thank you guys for the help.
Brandon Johnson

anyone?

Does anyone know if we can still shoot 224 caliber in sporter or was it a one year deal? I want to build an experimental gun with the new laid back stock rules and also considering using the smaller caliber. I really hope the rules have become permanent but do not want to build this if it is a waste of time because the rules now do not allow it. I love this sport and hope I am not coming off as upset or pushy. I just would like to know in time to get this built before next season. If no decision was made and the deadline was pushed back or whatever has happened any information is appreciated. Thanks guys this has been a great time and I love shooting with all of you and talking to you all at the matches. I have had the best time at the matches and look forward to many more with all of you and my dad.
Thank you all
Brandon

Info is slow moving

If you need to know before the meeting minutes are approved, call your regional director. He'll know the current story and can advise you on what the future may hold. On the http://nbrsa.com home page, lower right....are links to contact info.

Last edited:
You might have received a quicker response if you posted in the Competition forum...Yes the new rule was approved by the membership.

You might have received a quicker response if you posted in the Competition forum...Yes the new rule was approved by the membership.

Thanks guys for the help. I didn't want to post in competition because I was not sure this was ok to post in that category. I thank you for your answer and next time I will know I can post questions on rules etc in competition. Thank you guys and I guess it's time to get experimental.

Brandon, yes, Sporter can now shoot any caliber.

For all general purposes, about the only rule that limits Sporter is the weight, still 10.5 pounds, the no return to battery capability,and the single shot loaded by hand rule. Aside from that, just about anything goes.

Keep in mind, if one does build a Sporter and incorporates the changes that are allowed, the Rifle will not be legal for LV or HV, only Sporter and Unlimited.

Last edited:
Back