Sound Off on GUSTAV:

Looks like a bad one

The worst for us in Houston is that the storm looks like it will take that northern path above us.
That means, it will dump untold inches of rain up in the East Texas Area. Guess where all of that water will be coming down too.

If it keeps it's current path, New Orleans will be on what we call the "dirty side", ie the North East Quadrant. Remember, Katrina never actually hit New Orleans, in fact, New Orleans was on the clean side. It was only untill Lake Ponchentrane (sp) could not contain the water and the levees failed did the disaster occur.

This time, the hurricane its self might do the city in.

This could get really bad.........jackie

Just heard on the weather channel that it's already taken 80 lives.

Better pay attention to this one and take heed to the warnings.

TWC says all inbound lanes to NO will become outbound lanes at 4am Sunday morning.

Reported 2 million people below I-10 will be evacuating.

Last edited:
Gustav has a long reach. Woke this morning to see outer clouds coming out of the east at a high rate of speed and we've got sustained winds at 10mph with gusts a little higher. Sky is a deep blue to the south and we're over 400 miles away. This should be as much as we feel unless something drastic happens.

Hope they are leaving La's low country in droves.

CNN just said that Gustav is 400 miles wide. That's as big as Katrina. It's a category 3 right now, but it is believed to strengthen some. How strong will it be once it hits land is the bigger question as well as where will it be centered when it hits.

Just heard on the weather channel that it's already taken 80 lives.

Better pay attention to this one and take heed to the warnings.

TWC says all inbound lanes to NO will become outbound lanes at 4am Sunday morning.

Reported 2 million people below I-10 will be evacuating.

That doesn't include those that were killed in CUBA. The cubans were hit hard but they are being tight lipped about the number of dead
Ted.

Weird

The storm never took that Westward jog, heck, all we have had is some stiff breeze.
But, the projection is for the system to head straight up into North Texas.

This is weird. The people in Dallas will probably have a lot more grief out of this than we in Houston.......jackie

The storm never took that Westward jog, heck, all we have had is some stiff breeze.
But, the projection is for the system to head straight up into North Texas.

This is weird. The people in Dallas will probably have a lot more grief out of this than we in Houston.......jackie

Jackie,i m Glad it wasn't as bad as it looked a few days ago,i hope there was no lost of life.
We got to watch Hanna,it is projected to head for North Carolina.
We can use some more rain but not all at one time.

Back