Sightron SII - 36X Scope for Benchrest

bigh

Would like to hear your opinions on the Sightron SII 36x scope for bench rest shooting, scope in question is made in Japan. Local pawn shop has it and I can get it for 250.00 out the door.

scope

Would like to hear your opinions on the Sightron SII 36x scope for bench rest shooting, scope in question is made in Japan. Local pawn shop has it and I can get it for 250.00 out the door.

Dealer price is about $355
The Sightron SIII 36X has better glass and bigger objective but is double the price.

Depends on your use, if it will fill your needs its a reasonable/good scope and priced fair.

I think it is marginal for competitive Benchrest, just my opinion.

CLP

Dealer price is about $355
The Sightron SIII 36X has better glass and bigger objective but is double the price.

Depends on your use, if it will fill your needs its a reasonable/good scope and priced fair.

I think it is marginal for competitive Benchrest, just my opinion.

CLP

Thank you for your reply, was thinking of using it for rimfire benchrest 50yds

Have a look through it at something 50 yards away with the parralax set and see if you can see the target clear and sharp, I have one and am happy with it so far..
John

I must have had half a dozen of the SII 36X's over the years on my 30BR BR rigs w/o a single problem. To my eyes, the glass is right with the Weaver T36's and the Leupold 36 BR-D scopes. The later discontinued Big Sky versions have better optics. In fact, at last seasons NBRSA Score Nationals, I had a SII 36X Big Sky on. I'm less concerned with optics that tracking and keeping POI, though. As long as I can see the mirage clearly, I'm as happy as if I had a brain.

The SIII 36X45 and 45X45 ED 30MM scopes are a big step up in optics. On mine, it's like you can see 'through' the mirage to a clear target but still get the benefit of clearly seeing the mirage. Hard to explain....

Good shootin' -Al

Back