Sig-Sauer MCX SPEAR

antelopedundee

internet bum
Is there any special requirement to be met because of the inclusion of a suppressor if one wanted to procure one? It seems that the wait to get approval to purchase and install a suppressor on a common hunting rifle [we'll call it a Remington 700 in .270 Winchester] is about a year; if not longer. Does this change if the suppressor is a part of the rifle as it left a production facility? I'll hang up and listen.

https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-spear.html

Last edited:
just my 2 cents worth

In Guns & Ammo August 2022 page 86 some interesting information is contained in the article It's Hunting not killing. A company that has been in several magazines named SilencerCentral.com is advertising their services and products. I believe all your questions could be answered here (at the web site) plus a few you may not have considered.
Good luck
Centerfire

I'm not a SOT but I've several close friends and neighbors who are. A couple of my kids and 15-20 friends are shooting suppressed. Shucks, a large percentage of the shooting done at my range is suppressed.....As I understand the regs it's the suppressor which is controlled, has nothing/zero/NADA to do with the rest of the platform.

In Guns & Ammo August 2022 page 86 some interesting information is contained in the article It's Hunting not killing. A company that has been in several magazines named SilencerCentral.com is advertising their services and products. I believe all your questions could be answered here (at the web site) plus a few you may not have considered.
Good luck
Centerfire

I was hoping someone here might know. I'm more curious than serious about buying one.

Silencer Central is local to me. The owner has lead the way for quick turn around times for suppressor approval and did the testing for the BATF for their online process. At this point, they are running about 90 days for approval. -Al

Last edited:
Several people on other forums have said the new on-line application is MUCH faster than the old paper one. As Al Nyhus said 90 days + or -.

It's likely that the suppressor doesn't come with the gun so I assume that if a gun was available now you could buy it now and wait the 90 days or whatever for the suppressor. I don't see it available as an accessory.

sig.jpg

It comes with a suppressor so you'd have to submit 2 sets of paperwork and wait. The second set because it's an SBR, short barrel/ed rifle. I now know what I wanted to know. The anti-gunners are already hailing it as the next new super mass shooting killing machine. Nevermind that most if not all mass shootings are carried out at close range. Not sure how this one would be any more effective than an AR-10 in .308.

Last edited:
Back