Season closer in Vermont

Pete Wass

Caledonia Forest & Stream Club hosted their last IBS Score match of the season yesterday. The temperature was a balmy 20 or so degrees F whilst we were all setting flags, actually one of the spikes I hammered in went through at least 2" of frozen gravel before it became somewhat easier to bang in.

Conditions were mild for that range although there was up to 2" of vertical that some of us got caught in ; I'll never figure that place out, Grrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, Rocky Murray showed all how to avoid the 2"es by shooting a nice 250-23. Dr Bill Sargent was second with 21 and Greg Palman third with 19.

There were only 3-6x shooters yesterday. Parker Hills won Varmint Hunter with 245-3 and Pete Wass second with 244-10 ( 3 of those 2"ers). Dr Bill kept all but one in the ten ring for a 249-9 and Pete Wass, with 248-11. ( guess the rifles were in tune at least)

The club or Match Director provided free DD Coffee and Doughnuts in the AM and one of the club members who assists at shoots provided lunch for free; very nice of he of his family who did the whole thing, eh.

Another season in the books for New England. It has been a very good year in spite of the danged weather. We have seen a number of new shooters come along and a couple have new rifles in the works and one new Club joining to hold matches. Very good indeed!

Last edited:
Pete...

Caledonia Forest & Stream Club hosted their last IBS Score match of the season yesterday. The temperature was a balmy 20 or so degrees F whilst we were all setting flags, actually one of the spikes I hammered in went through at least 2" of frozen gravel before it became somewhat easier to bang in.

Conditions were mild for that range although there was up to 2" of vertical that some of us got caught in ; I'll never figure that place out, Grrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, Rocky Murray showed all how to avoid the 2"es by shooting a nice 250-23. Dr Bill Sargent was second with 21 and Greg Palman third with 19.

There were only 3-6x shooters yesterday. Parker Hills won Varmint Hunter with 245-3 and Pete Wass second with 244-10 ( 3 of those 2"ers). Dr Bill kept all but one in the ten ring for a 249-9 and Pete Wass, with 248-11. ( guess the rifles were in tune at least)

The club or Match Director provided free DD Coffee and Doughnuts in the AM and one of the club members who assists at shoots provided lunch for free; very nice of he of his family who did the whole thing, eh.

Another season in the books for New England. It has been a very good year in spite of the danged weather. We have seen a number of new shooters come along and a couple have new rifles in the works and one new Club joining to hold matches. Very good indeed!

I still haven't warmed up from yesterday. That was freaking COLD, more like the Frozen Mosin shoot in January!! I have your rear bag in my pickup.

Indeed you did Steve

it got colder than a Witche's Wart not long after you left. Suppose to warm up to more Seasonal temps starting tomorrow though.

Back