Saw an interesting tuner

Pete Wass

a lad had made for his rifle. He had made a device to screw on his muzzle the same sized O.D. as the barrel, with graduations and a set screw holding it on. Looks neat and I'm sure works just fine or at least he likes it.

Pete

I've seen a few homebrew tuners that seem to work. I wonder if the one you describe may be a bit light to be effective?

Well Reed,

I've seen a few homebrew tuners that seem to work. I wonder if the one you describe may be a bit light to be effective?

3 oz will tune an HV barrel. Borden made some a few years back and others have also made some about the same weight that work. Gene Beggs tuners weigh 3oz.

Still sowin up theah?

Pete

3 to 4 oz

tunes a bbl just fine. A pic of a prs setup with a tuner. 6BR running at 2900 fps with 105's

Little over a inch @600 and right at 2" @ 1000. In good conditions off of a bi-pod.

If your shooting prs your going to running behind the crown with a brake or a can.

Tuners are great!!

Richard

Attachments

• DSCN1530.JPG
    DSCN1530.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCN1529.JPG
    DSCN1529.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 247
as always, you should take that to a BENCHREST MATCH WITH THOSE GROUPS.

tunes a bbl just fine. A pic of a prs setup with a tuner. 6BR running at 2900 fps with 105's

Little over a inch @600 and right at 2" @ 1000. In good conditions off of a bi-pod.

If your shooting prs your going to running behind the crown with a brake or a can.

Tuners are great!!

Richard

These groups

were shot under ideal conditions at night, under the lights, no wind, no mirage, and a good bbl,tuner,bullet combo.

If a .200-.250 gun "wows" you, step up your game a little. I built this thing as a test platform, and also to shoot steel for fun with the guys for a distraction from short range BR.

3 oz will tune an HV barrel. Borden made some a few years back and others have also made some about the same weight that work. Gene Beggs tuners weigh 3oz.

Still sowin up theah?

Pete

It's still February, Mr. Wass. Of course it's still snowin' up here. Looking for 2-4" tomorrow to cover up some of this muddy stuff!

We've turnt the connah down heah

It's still February, Mr. Wass. Of course it's still snowin' up here. Looking for 2-4" tomorrow to cover up some of this muddy stuff!

It's been quite lovely the past week or ten days but it's been a chilly winter in NE Florida this yeah! No snow though :). Hope to see you this season. I'm immuned so good to go anywhere. Gonna get my Covid Card tattooed on my wrist for proof.

Pete

Back