Sad News, Dale Metzger Passed Away This Morning

jackie schmidt

Long time Benchrest Shooter Dale Metzger passed away this morning at 9:15.

Dale was a true friend.

As soon as arrangements are forthcoming, I will post them.

Last edited:
Dale was always a joy to talk too at the matches. He will be missed. His family will be in out thoughts and prayers.

John

Dale was one of those men that everyone liked. He was a humble man that loved to shoot and was a good competitor. We in the shooting community are certainly diminished. James

So sorry to hear this about Dale. I visited with him quite a bit over the years mainly by phone or e-mails and met him once or twice at matches. Certainly seems too young to have passed away. He will be missed. Unfortunately, we have lost quite a few of our friends over the past several years.

Shocking news. Shortly after I met Dale,he invited me to join him and one of friends for Dinner. I begged and pleaded but Dale would not let me pay my tab. Thats the kind of guy he was. He reminded me of one of those front office guys that work for Big corporations. He possessed great interpersonal skills.

RIP my friend. You will be missed.

Glenn

This is Very Sad News.....

We were all so very sorry to hear this news while we were practicing at Chippewa yesterday afternoon. Dale was a avid BR competitor, true gentleman and a great friend to many of us fellow Chippewa Rifle Club members. He was just a great guy! He will be greatly missed by all his friends indeed....

Would ask everyone to please keep Dale and his family in all your daily prayers going forward....

May you Rest in Peace, Dale!

Jack

So very sorry to hear about Dale's passing, he was one of the good guy's. I remember meeting him at the Shamrock under Gary's loading tent a number of years ago. I will miss talking to him. RIP bud.

Dan Honert

Dale was a true friend. I will miss him. I always enjoyed visiting with Dale every time we got together.

Joe

DALE!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, I know it is true because Jackie said it, but I found it hard to believe. Dale and Renard loaded next to me about 2 or 3 SS ago. I just can't believe it. RSIP, my friend

Dale and I first met.......

......on the small caliber board about 10 years ago.

We road tripped to the Texas high plains, that summer, for a weekend of PD shooting. Although the weather cut the trip a bit short......Dale throughly enjoyed himself, and was great company for the time spent afield. He, admittedly, had not done much PD shooting on mostly flat plains......but soaked up as much experience as he could, and put it to good use.

My prayers to his family.

Rest In Peace, Dale

Kevin

Back