Raw bm500 first info and pics!

I stopped in at Rapidairweapons today,

And generally had a look around, 1st rate everything. The stock on the BM500 IS an excelent design, just my opinion based on seeing everything first hand -and for not being a "best of" but rather just "the first group I shot" target- look out for the new rifle on the block! This is the only "top end" rifle I feel may be under priced, refreshing.
RAW,
Thank you for allowing me to stop by, I will be back.
John

How does this model stack up to the TM 1000?

A better stock profile for dedicated bench shooting.
More shots per fill from the bottle reservoir Bill.
The TM 1000 gets plenty of shots in .177 but the bigger reservoir would benefit .22 and .25.
See you in Melbourne ... Kind regards, Harry.

Harry i have never feared anyone with my AA EV2, but you with a real BR Air Rifle your new TM1000 i must admit makes me a little apprehensive, time will tell see you in Melbourne where i will try and get you blind drunk the night before the Air Match :eek:

Bm1000

How does this model stack up to the TM 1000?

I fired a conversion similar to the BM1000 .22 cal. which will eventually have the Bench Stock and the BM barrel and a standard tube. My demo rifle is the small tube with the .22 BM barrel. It seems to be on par with the .177 TM1000 and may prove to have some advantage in stronger winds. I am testing the 13.34 and the 14.2 JSB pellets. With the 14.2 I fired a 248/250 and another shooter a 247/250. last weekend. The rifle with the lighter pellet is shooting average 784 fps. I would guess a few fps slower with the 14.2. I shot against a TM1000 .177 today in moderate/to light shifty winds with the 13.34 pellet against Crossman 10.5 in the TM1000. I lost to the TM1000 by 1X both of us with 245/250.

Bob Zimmerman

Bob, Bill and all.
Martin sent me the first BR stocked action to check the functionality of the stock in the a rest before he started the production run. This is sans the BM barrel, as they are a bit delayed, it does however have the stock RAW LW barrel config. Martin stated he wanted the stock to be Ambi. with a good feel and solid mount in the rest and bag. I think it hits the mark on all three. I have not had a chance to shoot it much yet ( we up here in the Northeast have had a spot of weather lately!) but it feels every bit as good as my TM1000 or better. One very nice surprise is that the .22 LW barrel seems to be as accurate as my TM's . This gun is setup for Open class now and when I get my BM barrel I'll let everyone here know how it shoots. I would not hesitate to compete with this gun set up as is! Things should get very interesting if the BM barrels are all their cracked up to be!

Mark N

We have a decent LV Air event coming up in Melbourne with many form Team Australia coming along, it will be really interesting to see how Harrys new TM1000 and a couple of the new Steyrs stack up against the EV.2's watch this space first week in December. This will be the first real test for many of these new rifles.

Back