Rapture, the next day....

Rapture??!! I thought it was raptors!

DSC2113t-1.jpg

Regardless of one's belief, most can pick out the charlatans in any religion.

Since the Bible states that no entity except God the Father knows the "day of the Lord", for some preacher to proclaim that he knows the day of jugement proves that he is a false prophet.........jackie

That's the truth, Jackie.

Oh Those are Nice pictures. We have many Eagles around here. Saw one, last year, flying next to my car. That was cool.

So since the world was suppose to end. The wife and I took the kids to Kirkland community college, yesterday. Warbler festival. Kids caught Blue gill and two Trout. Which we let go.

I said to myself that if it happened I was going to look up a couple Army buddies and just say "Hi". Well maybe next time!
gary

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is."

But once again...

that damned old charlatan did a great deal of damage to the gullible and easily misled who believed him. At least they did not follow him to meet the aliens behind the comet. He, however, should immediately report to, or be recalled by the home office. But that seldom happens. That's twice for him - how many other false prophets will folks endure? And I'm still waiting for his explanation and apology.
I also aim to comment on the events of 21 December, 2012 - on the 22nd.
Devil take the old bastard - we still have a while to wait to prove the Mayans were just as full of it, but I'm no less confident of the outcome.
mhb - Mike

As stated already it is important to know what the word says for yourself. My Pastor writes a daily devotion and here is his word on the subject for you.

Morning by Morning 966

Monday, May 23, 2011

By

John A. Smith

(Isa 50:4) The Sovereign LORD has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know what to say to all these weary ones. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. HCSB.

Still here!

Mat 24:32-39

(32) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

(33) So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

(34) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

(35) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

(36) But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

(37) But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(38) For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,

(39) And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The media of America are having a field day with the latest prognosticator of the end of time. Harold Camping was able to convince many of his followers that he knew the time of the rapture, and of the end of the world. His prediction was that God would initiate the catching away of His church at 6:00 pm, May 21, 2011. Many of Camping’s supporters sold their possessions and purchased billboards that advertised the exact time of the supposed event.

Therein lays the problem—God’s Word plainly states that no one knows the day or hour of His coming, or the conclusion of things as we know them. Harold Camping’s devotees were evidently allowing their leader to interpret Scripture for them. Had they bothered to read the Bible for themselves, they would have known that his forecast was no more than an uneducated guess.

God has been good to us in keeping the exact time of His return a secret. If we knew, we would likely use the information wrongly. For those who would not be tempted to do so, they would spend much of their time being occupied with the countdown.

He is coming back! He promised, and His promises are true. We should be working for His kingdom when He comes—not sitting around trying to figure the exactness of the event. Why be consumed with the day and the hour when He has promised an eternity with Him?

Perhaps Camping’s followers were easily duped because they wanted to be ready for the coming of the Lord. He does want us to be ready, but not just when we think He will arrive. He has told us to be prepared at all times, because His arrival will come when we least expect it—not when we anticipate His appearance.

Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Morning by Morning is a daily devotional thought; drawn from nature, current events, the Bible, and the mental meandering of the author. The purpose of these devotions is to provoke contemplation upon life as a Christian.

If you know someone who would enjoy receiving Morning by Morning, please send their email address to the link below.

Extra Miler Ministries does not send unsolicited email. If you have received this email in error or wish to unsubscribe from this list, please email me at the address provided below Extramiler1@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this sport and its people,Of the many years I have been around it,I have never seen a prayer asked for that wasn't given..Nothing better then waking up on a Monday morning as a believer and reading posts such as these..

Back