Rain Does Not Dampen Tomball Shooters

jackie schmidt

When I opened the gates of Tomball Gun Club at 6 am this morning, it was pouring rain. It kept on pouring until two matches into the shoot.

But that did not deter 31 shooters from coming out and enjoying a good morning of 200 yard Score Shooting.

After match two, at about 10 am, it started clearing out, and the conditions actually got pretty darned good.

Of the 31 shooters, only 4 stayed "clean" through the five matches. Here are the results.

Factory:
Brad Hodges..............226

Modified Class:
Scott Deal.................250 5x
Glenn Oaks...............247 9x
Johnny Ingram...........239 1x

Benchrest Class:
Eddie Carter..............250 10x
Mark W.....................250 6x
Jim Barron.................2503x

After our first two 100 yard Matches and this 200 yard match, the Shooter that has a commanding lead in the Benchrest Shooter of the Year running is Eddie Carter, as he is the only Shooter who has stayed "clean" for the first three matches. We have our next 100 yard match in August, and our last match will be a 200 yard event in October. The shooter of the Year will be determined by a Shooter's best four out of five matches............jackie

congratulations

Way to go Brad, Scott, and Eddie.
Clean at 200 with modified, great shooting Scott.
Eddie you must have had on your "A" game to stay ahead of Zana!!!!!!!!
Missed shooting with you all.

Sam Duke

Help a Getting Involved

I'm new here, hello!!!

Really interested in shooting in these Tomball matches and possibly filling out an app for the club. I think the next one is Aug 4th? I tried to call Jackie and he is in Alaska. Dang, how do you like me so far? Sorry about that Jackie.

I am also looking to build/buy my first bench rest rifle. Probably a 6PPC but still learning. I will be shooting a custom 308 that Lester Bruno built for me for now. It is a repeater tactical style.

Any help on the Tomball matches is greatly appreciated. I plan on being in Huntsville on the 21st also.

Thanks,
Wooly

Back