powder trickle on digital scale

I have no doubt that all of those factors contribute to your success. Now build a 10.5# Dasher (with a short range legal stock) and shoot a grand aggregate at 100 and 200 yards, with preloaded ammo. Maybe you have the next PPC.

Boyd, No, i think the most accurate case is the BR family. The most accurate short rang group fell to them this year with the 30BR. and almost all mid range is held by the BR imp. and the same with most of the long range light gun with the Dasher. I did have a good PPC. and it did set records and won the 100 yd. score national, not with me but the gun did with a friend shooting it when i lost my sight in my right eye. I found that long range is a little more level playing field with someone who only has one eye…….. jim

Boyd, No, i think the most accurate case is the BR family. The most accurate short rang group fell to them this year with the 30BR. and almost all mid range is held by the BR imp. and the same with most of the long range light gun with the Dasher. I did have a good PPC. and it did set records and won the 100 yd. score national, not with me but the gun did with a friend shooting it when i lost my sight in my right eye. I found that long range is a little more level playing field with someone who only has one eye…….. jim

Granted the record short range group fell to the 30 Br last year. Not to take anything away from that new record, but the game is all about agging. The smallest agg EVER shot in 100 yard Benchrest was shot by Jerry Lahr on 8-18-12 and was .1242 shot with a 6PPC.

Later
Dave

Dave, So it was just a point, the 30BR case did it.The point is the PPC. is great at short range, but the BR case can hold it's own from100 to 1000 yds.,the PPC. can't…… jim

Jim, I think that everyone understands the advantage that the .30 BR has in short range score. I think that we also know that there are significant differences between score and group, as well as between 10.5# and 13.5#. I was referring to the reality of short range group matches. There are a lot of very good shooters who can afford to shoot any caliber that they think will give them an advantage, in the short range group game. Some weigh charges, but the most common scales are only good to a tenth, and there has been no clear advantage shown for more precise loads in that particular game. Say what you will about score and or longer ranges, that was not what I wrote about. Like I said, apples and oranges. Just to be clear about something else, I would be positively tickled if someone showed up with something different that showed an advantage over what is being shot, but looking at the books, and match results, in this particular game, that is yet to happen. Perhaps with the change in the Sporter rule, there will be more .22s on the line. Boyd

Last edited:
Boyd, It would be nice to see that, but good bullets in any other caliber is the factor. Case shape or size is easy…… I like to see that some shooter still experiment and make a better mouse trap. What i liked was to see Roy Hunter win the score national a few years ago with a PPC…. jim

It was not a 30 BR. It was a 30 Stewart. The 30 Stewart is a modified 30 PPC starting from a 6.5 Grendel case.

It is modified to the point that Mike gets 2980 fps using H4198 with BIB 114 gr bullets.

Yes. I know. You can't get that much H4198 into a standard 30 PPC.

There are advantages and disadvantages to the 30 in short range group. Everyone knows. I need not recount them here. Other than that I'll mention that 30 cal custom bullets are hard to come by right now.

Powder scales are not used in these days cause digital scale are better and provide quick results as compare to powder scales there for people prefer to use electronic digital scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I post on this web site I proof my posts before submitting to ensure that I have not used ambiguous pronouns or made other grammar mistakes. So, it is interesting to see posts from someone whose native tongue is gibberish.

Discontinued

OK...... I like Dillon. The Blue Press Boys are great....... but that stupid D Terminator unit should never have been concieved!

I've since owned 7 electronic scales from 9.95 to 250.00 and all of them are capable of being trickled onto.

I gave the Dillon scale to a friend for weighing archery stuff and use a MMX 123 nearly every day ( http://www.6mmbr.com/mxx123test.html ) and it is my opinion that this is the best scale for the money. If you're buying ANYTHING for less just drop clear down to say a 20.00 balance beam or even the $9.95 Harbor Freight scale that goes to the tenth of a grain. CORRECTION The little Harbor Freight scale does NOT go to tenth grain........see next post.

The MMX123 is where real accuracy starts, capable of weighing single kernels of powder.

opinionsby

al

Well I was all ready to order a MXX 123 scale & found that they are discontinued. So what is the next recommendation for an accurate powder scale?

They were $400 two months ago. $525 now, but with the exchange, should be around $515. This scale is the real deal if you are serious about precision charges.

Well I was all ready to order a MXX 123 scale & found that they are discontinued. So what is the next recommendation for an accurate powder scale?

I really don't know because mine is still working well...... but if it quits I'll end up paying whatever it takes to get something equal to it.

It's that important to me.

Understand, I shoot nearly everything over the chronos in testing so I see lots of trends and changes of which others are unaware. I really find incredible utility in having the ability to weigh to the single kernel of powder, I couldn't live without it!

Back