Powder shortage

Q

Quigley

Anybody else noting the non availability of H-4350. I cannot find it in stock anywhere. Reasons ??? Help !!

Where have you been? It's been like that for over a year, maybe closer to two.

Well my wife does tell me that I live under a rock sometimes....... But if it's been this bad for so long, #1 WHY, #2 What is Hodgdon doing about it ???? Quig

I recently bought two 8 pound jugs of H-4350. You need to be on the back order list of everyone and then wait until they notify you it is in and jump on it. I bought one of those jugs when they had a special on HSMET for $15.00 and $7.95 Handling charge with free freight. Recently got LT32, H322 and some shotgun powders from Powder Valley and when I ordered, they had some H4350, but only 1 pounders or 14 ounce ones, I can't remember. The 2 8 pounders I bought were also each under $200.00. I have seen inventory as high as $250.00 for an 8 pounder and then I pass. I got 8 pounds of IMR 4350 that I use for something else and it was only $168.00.

Bob

Last edited:
Well my wife does tell me that I live under a rock sometimes....... But if it's been this bad for so long, #1 WHY, #2 What is Hodgdon doing about it ???? Quig

You would have to call Hodgdon to get that answer and even then you don't know if it's the truth or not. Varget was hard to get up until two or three month's ago, now you can find it just about anywhere.

Last edited:
Yes

this stuff comes and goes. I just saw Rem small rifle primers at powdervalley last week, today they are out. Just the ebb and flow of things I guess.

Have you considered IMR 4350, which was available this morning when I ordered some. Or Norma 204? H414? Or H or IMR 4831. There is more than one way to feed the rifle slow burning powder. Good luck.

Or the new IMR 4451 Endoron powder which is supposed to be less temperature sensitive among other things.

Bob

Or the new IMR 4451 Endoron powder which is supposed to be less temperature sensitive among other things.

Bob
Darn it ! I did see some 4451 endoron at Bass Pro a few days ago. Maybe will give it a try. Thanks to you all for trying to get me from under that rock !!!

Anybody else noting the non availability of H-4350. I cannot find it in stock anywhere. Reasons ??? Help !!

Call Hodgdons. They can and will tell you what they are shipping to where in your area. Most all of the H products comes from ADI in Australia.

Very timely post. I just got a notice that one 8 pounder of H4350 I had on back order is ready for me.

Bob

Prolly

Gee. And Wal-mart has 5 ships bring junk from the PRC(chi-coms). 5 days from Shanghai to LA.....

has more to do with risk management than anything else. if all the supply is at risk at once and the worst should happen, no powder for a long time!

I see where Lake City ordinance had a fatal explosive event at there facility yesterday while filling a massive order for 7.62 ammo, wonder if this massive order might cause a shortage of powder on the civilian market.

Back