Powder shortage

I see where Lake City ordinance had a fatal explosive event at there facility yesterday while filling a massive order for 7.62 ammo, wonder if this massive order might cause a shortage of powder on the civilian market.

I don't think that LC and their 7,62 loading uses the powders we PPC shooters use Do they??

This civilian powder shortage thing was caused by a greed-buy by shooters. Most thought HillarCom was going to be the next Pres, IMO....

Last edited:
I have used

IMR 4350 doesn't perform the same as H4350. Jackie is right about the Reloader 16, it's performance rivals H4350.

IMR 4350 for years in a '06 and a 308 norma mag and it works very well. I just have not strayed into the hodgdon line other than 4198, H380, H322 and a bit of 414.

I may try the R series for the 308NM and a 338WM I have.

According to the people in Canada, IMR will be releasing an Enduron Version of the IMR 4350 in the near future that will eliminate the temperature sensitivity like the IMR 4451 Enduron and some of the others that they have upgraded the chemistry on.

Bob

seen inventory as high as $250.00 for an 8 pounder and then I pass.(from post #4)

Over $30/pound--yuk yuk

Ill lok next time I go to the gunshop.

Sorry about that. Most of the places I look show OUT OF STOCK, BACK ORDER ONLY OR NO BACK ORDER, so I didn't look too closely. Especially since they were showing $31.95 a pound. Since I have 24 pounds of H4350 from the same lot, I was not worried about it, but saw it when I was looking for one of their rifle cases. I was in Cabela's in Delaware two weeks ago meeting up with HogPatrol and they had 1 pounders of h4350 but wanted $38.95 a pound. At least no sales tax in Delaware.

Bob

Back