Pics of my new PPC

Is it just me or is it true that there is a lot more interest in rimfore BR than Centerfire?

Ok guys, I give up on centerfire BR. There isn't anybody in the area to compete against and I put my 6ppc up on gunbroker.

Takdriver,

There is interest in centerfire, and I think more them just in rimfire.....
But what do you want to hear right now??? :rolleyes:

Lets say your rifle is going to shoot better.....and you ofcourse.:D

Interesting

You have built a nice Rifle, the parts are somewhat dated, I don't know many who would choose a Remington Action as the platform for a Benchrest Rifle in 2009.

Sort of strange that you would give up on Centerfire before you ever shot a match. I have seen quite a few shooters give up AFTER shooting a match,:D but certainly not because others failed to respond to inquiries on a Web Site.

But you do make a good point. If there is no competition in your area, build to suite what IS in your area. The object is to shoot.

You will find that each shooting discipline has its own unique quirk that adds to the difficulty. Most competitions are designed where the cream, (as in those that are dedicated to excellence), always rises to the top, whether you are shooting an all out Benchrest Rifle, (at any yardage), or an air Rifle indoors.........jackie

Never noticed this before

The Mississississippi Valley region only has 2 Ranges that host BR matches???
That's all I found in the NBRSA News!
If that is correct, it's no wonder tackdriver can't find anyone to shoot with.:mad:
Does the NBRSA have any programs or policies in place to Expand BR shooting into various areas of the country? Or do the individual ranges have to come to the NBRSA and ASK?
Some of you Directors want to weigh in here?
Correct me here if necessary, but it seems like we're "leaving some money on the table" so to speak.
Bryan

P.S. The NRA seems to have no interest in Benchrest.........but I have to acknowledge my NRA membership on the entry form when I shoot. Why is that? Is Camp Perry the only thing on the NRA's mind?

Last edited:
Bryan

Since Varmint for Score has been instituted on a one year trial run in the NBRSA, we will be campaining for several ranges in The Gulf Coast Region to affiliate with the NBRSA and start holding Matches.

I agree with you assessment of the NRA. I sometimes wonder if they even know we exist, and I have to be an NRA Member to be in The Tomball Gun Club.

Of course, I would be anyway.......jackie

Jackie

Thanks for the reply. I have a full plate for the next couple of weeks, but I'll try to get in to see Ron Schmeits and pose the question to the HMFIC himself.
Bryan

You have built a nice Rifle, the parts are somewhat dated, I don't know many who would choose a Remington Action as the platform for a Benchrest Rifle in 2009.

Sort of strange that you would give up on Centerfire before you ever shot a match. I have seen quite a few shooters give up AFTER shooting a match,:D but certainly not because others failed to respond to inquiries on a Web Site.

But you do make a good point. If there is no competition in your area, build to suite what IS in your area. The object is to shoot.

You will find that each shooting discipline has its own unique quirk that adds to the difficulty. Most competitions are designed where the cream, (as in those that are dedicated to excellence), always rises to the top, whether you are shooting an all out Benchrest Rifle, (at any yardage), or an air Rifle indoors.........jackie

Jackie thanks for the response :)

I did shoot 3 matches this summer with the ppc rig and I won first place at all three from the few competitors we had. My gun does perform well but I find myself sitting at the centerfire division with a few guys and wishing I could shoot the rimfire match next door that has 20 people in it. I love shooting centerfire and getting extremely anal about my brass, bullets and powder and the works, but I like competeing. In the rimfire division I took 4 first places this summer and one second. The second place was because I shot the centerfire division at 8:00 AM while it was calm while everybody was shooting the rimfire. Then around 10:00 I shot the rimfire when the winds had picked up to about 17 MPH. I have to pick one or the other, and there is just so much more interest in rimfire in this neck of the woods :)

What kind of wind flags are you guys using?

No Doubt - Graham Flags!
http://www.brflags.com/

Here is a pic of one that took a couple hits :cool:

Flag-Shot.jpg

2nd for the graham flags. I have six and really like what they are telling me.
Unfortunately, at times, I am not a good listener!
Mike

I also use graham flags but the kind with the black and white ball rather than the spinner. I'm planning on using them for 50 yard rimfire. How many flags would you guys set up for that? and at what distances?

Nice rig, I really liked the color of the stock before you painted it though. A few minutes on my buffing wheel and it would have been nice a shiny, and slick. It is nice with the blue to though. Its the groups that matter. Lee

Camouflaged Viper

3977878176_2f77037668_b.jpg

That looks beautiful. I guess I just didn't care for the colors of mine before the paint. If I get a stock in the future that I like the colors on I'll try your method. :D

Camelion paint

My first stock paint job on my McMillan HV

Attachments

• DSCN0526.jpg
    DSCN0526.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN0532.jpg
    DSCN0532.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 173
Back