Paul Bendix shoots 750-59X @ Holbrook

D

Dave Shattuck

At least that's the way I would have titled it! But, instead, with Paul being Paul, he modestly hid his own results, a USARBR and potential World Record, deep within the shadows of everyone elses scores, almost as if not wanting to be recognized for being the champion he truly is.

And, let's not forget about what he did just over a month ago when shooting an OnTarget submission. There he posted what was computer calculated to be an overall 3-target aggregate score of 750-55X with his best target being a 250-21X, and, as if that weren't enough, that very same target was computer calculated to have produced a 25 shot group size of, what was it: .1426"! You talk about your one-holers?

How lucky are we here in the Northeast to have such a champion shooting with us? Just by example alone he is definitely one of the very best. A true gentleman in ever sense of the word.

Dave Shattuck

Last edited by a moderator:
David,
Your making me blush! Thanks for the kudos. Just lucky getting one of Dan's Super Barrels and pellets to match. Wait until the next match when Mark and I are shooting Thomas's, you can shoot mine. One of us will break the 60X unless Mike shoots a 750 60X first.
Franky, Hope your doing well! Thanks for the kudos.
Paul

Last edited:
750-59x?

Congrats to ya Paul on that 750 59x, one of the best air rifle shooters in this part of the country and one of the nicest guys I know.

Congrats Paul on some outstanding shooting. Keep it up.

Regards,
Joe
Thanks Joe,
Sure hope to make one of your shoots soon. Maybe the next trip to Texas will leave the wife at her sisters and make a road trip of the west coast. Shooting at your range and meeting you is very high on my bucket list.
Paul

Heck of a job, Paul.

I bet you would like to know what would have happened if you cleaned the barrel for the last card. I know I would like to know.

Your gun should ship Wednesday.

Mike

Wow

Congrats Paul!!
Thanks for setting the standard, in time I hope to be nipping at your heels.

It's good to see nice guys finishing first :).See you soon.

Pete

Thanks Pete,
What is your first shoot in New England? Will you make Easthampton on the 26? Not sure if I will make CC on the 27? Need to get your Tank back to you.

Paul

Heck of a job, Paul.

I bet you would like to know what would have happened if you cleaned the barrel for the last card. I know I would like to know.

Your gun should ship Wednesday.

Mike

Mike, Thanks for getting the Thomas ready in time for the Nationals! Sure wish you could make the trip?
Will send you an email in the next few days.
Paul

Congrats Paul!!
Thanks for setting the standard, in time I hope to be nipping at your heels.
Grimblue6 Mike is the one setting the standard! His Thomas is set up for LV sub 12 fpe but shoots it in the HV class . 750 56X !!!
My SUMO is shooting just over 19 fpe with one of Dan Browns Super Barrels. Any one can do as well.

Hope to meet you at the Nationals.
Paul Bendix

Paul,

Each of your responses above just supports my earlier comments on just how modest you really are. And no, not everyone can do as well, and that will be what's going to make the difference at the Nationals.

Good luck my friend.

Dave

Modest, indeed! :D

C'mon Paul......LV, HV, Open......its all the same indoors. Not much wind where I'm shooting. ;)

Just to add to Paul's generosity credentials......he loaned me a few scopes when mine took a dive. A very trusting and kind man.

Mike

USA National Air Rifle Benchrest Championships

Thanks, Brian will get the results on the New Mac Air this week.
Paul

No rush Paul, you get the hang of that new computer. I hope you are going to do a daily log of the Nationals on Facebook, as you did with your big trip last year. I recommend starting it from when you leave home, knowing some of your travelling buddies, I'll bet it’s going to be a hoot from start to finish :cool:

Brian

Back