Pacific tools

C

christer

I think i have bought 15-20 reamers from ptg over the year and in those years there have been only some small problems with my poor english or lack of response from Ptg.

The two last year have it been a total mess example:not responding to mail,they say that they have not received any mail my list goes on.

I live in sweden but reamers are not on any list that is forbidden to export so my question for you is this a foreign problems or do you have the same problem.
I have no problem with JGS, they usually answer my email in less than a few our and they deliver the reamers in time as they promised.

regards christer

I guess Pacific has spoiled us in the past. It has been taking longer to get reamers and other products than in the past and I have had to call a few times and ask about reamers that have been on order.

ask for a reamer print of what you want....basic...6ppc//308 / 6.5x284
make changes, and submit for approval.
they will fax an approval copy, and then you order and wait your turn.
sometime a while, sometimes not to long
they seem to have been back logged recently.
mike in co

I can do without the $5 fee they charge for accepting paypal.

The Co I work for recently implemented a $7 'processing fee' for any order under $500, i.e. a price increase for our smallest customers. I can't change that, but I do take time to note to each customer that it will be on their invoice. Thus warned, no one has objected. It would be different if that $7 showed up as a surprise.

PTG should either announce the $5 to folks or eliminate it. Put a sour taste in my mouth.

or support the gun lobby and quit using a company that is anti gun...paypal clearly states thier intent to be anti gun and are owned by ebay another anti gun company.
a 3 dollar mo is more politically correct.
mike in co

I can do without the $5 fee they charge for accepting paypal.

The Co I work for recently implemented a $7 'processing fee' for any order under $500, i.e. a price increase for our smallest customers. I can't change that, but I do take time to note to each customer that it will be on their invoice. Thus warned, no one has objected. It would be different if that $7 showed up as a surprise.

PTG should either announce the $5 to folks or eliminate it. Put a sour taste in my mouth.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. I rarely use p-pal and weaned myself off ebay years ago.

Pay Pal charge about 4% ... the dealer shouldn't have to eat that.

My purchase was $22. Seems they have a flat $5 fee

As to what they should have to eat, most middle + size dealers don't charge the 3% for using a c-card. Nor should they for paypal.

Pay Pal charge about 4% ... the dealer shouldn't have to eat that.

Pacific is a great company. I call & get to talk to the pretty little girl that takes may order, & less than a week later it appears at the house (if it is in stock). Otherwise you wait your turn. I have yet to be disappointed in their products.
Regards, Ron

or support the gun lobby and quit using a company that is anti gun...paypal clearly states thier intent to be anti gun and are owned by ebay another anti gun company.
a 3 dollar mo is more politically correct.
mike in co

So they donate to anti gun orginisations or dont accept pay pal for gun related merchandice what does it mean they are anti gun?

I think it good to see that there are still a few private sector companies making money in this economy. I am sure the simple answer to all this is that the folks at PT&G are simply swamped! I do know that Dave has some of the more basic or standard reamers already made and ready for shipment, if something like that grabs your fancy. I just ordered a 22ppc USA and they shipped it right out. Lee

I have no problems with PTG. I also understand that a busy company has a back log, so I just plan for that. Sure, I've had to
wait a lot longer than I thought I would for some things, but it is always on something that is a special or different order...such is custom work.

As far as credit card or PayPal charges...if the company was over-charging for their product they wouldn't have to add the cc or PP charge. At least that's the way I see it.

---------Jeff

As to Pay Pal...

I have a friend who is a custom bullet maker in Abilene, TX. He was set up with Pay Pal so that customers could pay for their bullets through Pay Pal. When Pay Pal figured out what he was selling, they canceled his account. That's good enough for me. They won't get my business.

I've been using an online service through Intuit's Quickbooks for customers to pay their invoice balances online. They charge 50 cents per transaction no matter how much the transaction is and is deposited directly into my bank account. That's a lot better than credit cards. The debit card is what chaps me. Anytime I take a Visa or MC debit card, the bank charges me 3 to 4%, just like a credit card. That doesn't sound like much, but on $1000 that's $40. If it's going to come out of a bank account, the .50 that Intuit charges online is better than a debit card.

Pacific is a great company. I call & get to talk to the pretty little girl that takes may order, & less than a week later it appears at the house (if it is in stock). Otherwise you wait your turn. I have yet to be disappointed in their products.
Regards, Ron

Great company, great people... I'm glad they are there.

Yeah, absolutely. I've a reamer on order from them presently and applaud them for energetically bringing innovative, high quality products to the market. Just can't abide being surprised with a 25% fee. If they have to pinch their nose and wince to handle a paypal transaction they should just stick to c-card payments.

Great company, great people... I'm glad they are there.

PTG suffers from the same maladies that can plague any manufacturer, too much work and not enough hours in the day.

We suffer from many of the same problems. My shooting has suffered greatly this year mainly because our normal work week is now 6 days, and for the past 5 to 6 weeks we have been on Sundays as well. If things slow down toward the Winter, perhaps I can get to the range, or at least not be so tired to not even want to go.

I am sure Dave Kiff is shuffling everything around as best he can. It is hard to please everybody at once, many times you end up pleasing nobody. But you still do the best you can, and be thankful that while you might be dead tired, at least you are not dead broke........jackie

And Jackie as I'm sure you know all to well, try to find anybody with machine shop skills.

There is a Trade School about 30 miles away from me that has the very best of metal working equipment that has gathered dust for who knows how many years and most of our High Schools have gotten out of the Metal Working Trades. Everyone got Computer Drunk a decade ago.

PTG Rep Response

The reamer we have on order for you Christer was placed on 8-3-11 and will be shipping out on 9-6-11. The email attempts to update you with the status have all had mail-delivery sub error's and bounced back to us here at PTG. We do apologize for this, however the email problem is on the international end and not our web service. We do inform our customers that non-stock / out-of-stock items will take 4 to 6 weeks to delivery. Your item will be shipping within this window... is this not acceptable?

Back