Our New Toy at Shop

What NO closed cab???

Air conditioning????

We are talking HOT, HUMID, climate there Jackie.......

In Manitoba we need it for the heater in the winter.... LOL

Calvin

The guy I used to work for had a Power Lift brand fork lift that would lift 10,000 lbs 20 feet high. Your is way bigger!!!! There was no end to the stuff I could use it for, construction got easy while it was around. I few years after it was gone some one complained about 2, 6 foot by 15 foot concrete slabs 1 foot thick slabs back behind the ball fields, everyone looked at me but no one said a word.

For what you probably paid for it you should have received an enclosed cab with heating, A/C, and a good stereo receiver for listening to PBS. :D

Knowing....

For what you probably paid for it you should have received an enclosed cab with heating, A/C, and a good stereo receiver for listening to PBS. :D

Knowing Jackie's business, it'll probably pay for itself within a few months.

We don't actually have a real "fork truck driver", who ever happens to be handy can jump on it and load, unload, or what ever.

So we don't want him getting too comfortable:D

Actually, we will put a boom on it and not even use the forks most of the time. We already have a 12000 lb unit with a boom. We also have a 6000 lb that we keep the forks on. Both a Nissan, set up to run on Propane. The new big 18,000 lb unit has a cute little turbocharged diesel.

The boom makes it really easy to move long shafts in and out of the shops.

Jackie, tried to PM you. Your box is full.

Wanted to pass some info on to you that you may find very helpful about forklifts. Then again, you may already know the info, but just want to make sure.

They give us forklift training once a year at work. They have a slide show that shows some bad accidents, and some accidents looking for a place to happen. One of them I just loved, the big fork lift wouldn't reach so they had the smaller fork lift on the forks of the bigger one so when the big one ran out of height the operator on the little one would pick up what they were after. This was a no-no according to our instructor.

"We don't actually have a real "fork truck driver", who ever happens to be handy can jump on it and load, unload, or what ever."
Well, which one will you use for the seating die?

Back