OT-My Pierce Rifle Custom

Butch Lambert

My Pierce rifle is finally done. I hope to have it back from James Anderson next week.
I built scope mounts, octagon front sight, under the action recoil lug, and chambered it in 6.5X47Lapua. James[Gunmaker] cut the octagon, made the trigger guard, rear iron sight, rust blued the metal and built a wonderful stock. It has a PT&G 3 pos safety and a Shilen trigger. Dan Armstrong pieced together 2 bolt handles to make one that looked right. Jerome Glimm engraved the bolt knob. Ken Hurst did the rest of the engraving. James Anderson is a great custom gunsmith and very easy to work with.
2rdb8eo.jpg

rvhyjs.jpg

2cem5w8.jpg

208webc.jpg

rhqqfo.jpg

The octagon front sight was quite a challenge for me.
Butch

What an outstanding piece of gun art. Exquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on everything coming together to become a true work of art.

George Toney

I saw this rifle the other day, still un-finished. It looked GREAT un-finished but It shure do look a lot different finished. I saw some of the other rifles James is working on and will agree that he is an Artist. Nice fellow also. Dropping in for a quick look turned into two or three hours and a tought to break away from gab session. It's amazing what we often have in common once we get to talking to folks.

Butch, glad to see you doing well... That rifle is just gorgeous!

cale

Butch, the rifle is very,very nice. You have created much envy among those of us who appreciate good wood, and superb fit and finish. James

Beautiful!

Butch

That is one beautiful rifle!

I believe the finest custom firearms EVER, are being built today.

Congratulations.

Gene Beggs

Thanks fellows. I love to work on them and shoot them. Josh, my 17 yr old Grandson shoots my 458 Lott and I guess he will shoot my Remington 1917 Enfield in 416 Rigby when it is completed. I needed those 2 because we have some terrible big animals around my place in east Texas. We do have a very good size group of custom builders in this country. www.acgg.com
The approval of my peers is a special bonus to me. I have a 250-3000 in works on a small ring mauser, a Hyper Single falling block in 257 roberts that received a new stock and will get a quarter rib and a rust blue. I received a Low Wall receiver that has been redone and ready for finish by Joe Smithson. It will be a 25-20SS. I have some nice wood from Steven Dodd Hughes.
Thanks for looking.
Butch

Butch all I can say is WOW................ That is a thing of BEAUTY. I envy your ability to craft such a rifle and the resources at your disposal to make it a TOTAL package.

The more I look at it the more I LOVE it.

Keep crafting.

Calvin

Back