OPPRESSIVE Freight Charges

FWIW I've been told by an upper management individual at UPS that the Federal Government has a law in place that mandates all non federal carriers cannot undercut the USPS in parcel/mail delivery charges and requires them to be a certain percentage above. I can't personally quarentee thats true but take it on faith. If I knew it for fact that would tick me off more than any delivery charges. Isn't that called price fixing in the real world?

FWIW I've been told by an upper management individual at UPS that the Federal Government has a law in place that mandates all non federal carriers cannot undercut the USPS in parcel/mail delivery charges and requires them to be a certain percentage above. I can't personally quarentee thats true but take it on faith. If I knew it for fact that would tick me off more than any delivery charges. Isn't that called price fixing in the real world?

I have no idea what parameters this "upper management person" was using, but I can tell you it doesn't match with my experience. I ship packages all over the south and most of the US on a daily basis. Most weigh from 2-6lbs. Well over 90% of the time FedEx is cheaper than USPS, most of the time, by quite a bit. I rarely use UPS, but their rates are comparable.

Also, I have no way of knowing, but I'm pretty sure that everyone who is bitching about the very low cost of shipping has never operated a successful small business. To use the word "greed" when talking about a shipping charge of $8.50 for a t shirt is short sighted at best. If anyone has ever looked at the prices for postage and then figured in packaging and labor they would know the shipper certainly isn't getting rich on shipping charges. Also, when comparing Midway's pricing, even with shipping with most supppliers, they are still right around the same cost. They are almost always cheaper than Sinclair. And one other thing, someone said they could drive to the retail store and buy the product for less than they could have it shipped. You must live next door to them.

Rick

Most Americans don't even have a clue what the TRUE cost of driving their privately owned vehicle per mile.

If I have to drive more than 10 to 15 miles to get reloading supplies, I will order and wait. Plan ahead and order in bulk. Much cheaper even with hazmat fees.

Simply greed as someone stated, ordered couple washers and plastic caps for riding lawn mower, charge for shipping UPS $12could have been sent USPS for $1.30, many suppliers make money from excess shipping some simply don't want the extra effort to vary there shipments according to size and carrier.For those of us on fixed income it's not whining simply survival.

Greed is why we are currently in our present economic crisis, well that and lack of values but that is another story...

It amazes me that there are this many cry babies on this site :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------

I love competing, you guys love crying. At least you should do it in private. Man up. :rolleyes:

Here's a shortened version of this guy's insulting message. I get tired of all the antagonism and "baiting" from this guy.

I would encourage the moderator of the site to watch the "in your face" tone from this particular guy. Every time he posts, there's always the insulting manner -- you get to expect it.

Just for the record, I think this particular guy is the real cry-baby and a whiner. I think HE should be the one to man up. Whatever that means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back