On Tuner adjustments:

Pete Wass

I've taken up tuners again on two of my CF Bench Rifles. Yesterday, in a match, I felt the rifle was out of tune so move the tuner out one line and the rifle improved greatly. I have done this with the other rifle as well, always turning the tuner out. Question; at some point, I would be thinking, I might have to move the tuner back? I have never tried to find tune by turning the tuner inward. Will I run out of positive results if or when the weather cools down or will I still find tune by turning it away from the muzzle?

Thanks,

Pete

Hey Pete; As I think you know, we use the Beggs Tuners.We mover them in or out as the DA condition dictates. Works for me.

I think as a general rule if the group is vertical turn in towards the action, if it is scattered turn out. Been awhile since I used one but that was my experience best I can remember. :)

Thanks Fellers

I have a Beggs on my Heavy gun and a different type on my Hunter rifle. I will do as you have suggested.

Pete

I've taken a few whacks since

I move according to what the DA reads. Down and out…Up and in.
I thought you gave up on tuner in Iowa Pete.

I have been waiting for someone to publish instructions on exactly when and how to adjust tuners. There is the spoken word instructions but nobody I'm aware of had set down on paper how and when to move them. I have move mine always out to achieve tune so far and in i think increasing DA. It just seemed the natural thing to do. I'll try going the other way next time.

Good to hear from you Francis by God, I must say. You must be 76 or so by now?

Pete

This 82 year old spring rooster still has Gene Beggs’ instructions that he posted on BRCentral. I’ll see if this 82 year old brain can remember where I put those instructions.
Good to see you’re on the green side of the grass, Pete.

Thank You Francis,

This 82 year old spring rooster still has Gene Beggs’ instructions that he posted on BRCentral. I’ll see if this 82 year old brain can remember where I put those instructions.
Good to see you’re on the green side of the grass, Pete.

I'll be only 78 in October so I am still relatively young. State of mind, Isn't it? I'm sill enjoying being young and Benchrest. Occasionally get into my shop to make something but I must admit, YouTube takes up more and more of my time.

Pete

I worked with a Beggs tuner on one of my 10.5 lb. 30BR (the RFD Red Hammer 'Snake Gun').

John Cascarino worked his tuner hard at Webster City last week.......

Good shootin' -Al

HP3aXnXh.jpg

I worked with a Beggs tuner on one of my 10.5 lb. 30BR (the RFD Red Hammer 'Snake Gun').

John Cascarino worked his tuner hard at Webster City last week.......

Good shootin' -Al

HP3aXnXh.jpg

John Cascarino always is fiddling with his tuner & the sighter looks like like chicken wire screen.
Then at the last 30 seconds, he shoots 5X's!
Some day when I grow up I want to shoot just like John!

Back