OK, Berger "thick"

alinwa

oft dis'd member
I've got boxes of the stuff but nothing marked 'thick, I can never remember and my supplier has no idea what I'm talking about.

Are thicks 'hunting' or 'target?'

al

Al, the information you might like to read is on the Berger web site. It is the 3rd article down on the left at the side/ bottom.
See 3-1-2011 History of the Match Grade Berger Hunting VLD. By Eric Stecker. Good read.
Or as Charles says "Thicker are Target"
Centerfire

Al, the information you might like to read is on the Berger web site. It is the 3rd article down on the left at the side/ bottom.
See 3-1-2011 History of the Match Grade Berger Hunting VLD. By Eric Stecker. Good read.
Or as Charles says "Thicker are Target"
Centerfire

By Golly you're right!! How'd I miss that??? I guess because the article was written only a month ago :)

Good eye

al

Alinwa
Forget you ever heard about the thicks unless your bullets are not making it to the target.
Lynn

Thick Jackets = More Pressure

Could changing bullets from hunting to "thick" match bullets, when using the same maximum powder charge blow primers? Seems its possible.
Another interesting result was that while we were shooting the thicker jacketed bullets both barrels produced several blown primers. The .257 barrel produced 14 blown primers and the .256 barrel produced 5. There were no blown primers while shooting the regular jacket bullets.
http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?49336-Berger-bullet-failure-test&highlight=

Back