Ns 522

usmc69

What are the pro's and con's of the NS 522? Picked up one this weekend approx 98%+ for $175 OTD.

works great when modified to accept a 54 Anschutz trigger. Of course the trigger will cost more than the rifle
Don

I've been shooting an NS 522 sporter for a number of years. It has the Anschutz trigger that Don mentioned, and also one of his stocks, and a Shilen barrel. It was built by Brian Voelker and has been good enough to win a couple club sporter SOTY titles and a state title. It is still very compeditive.

I think I did mine a few days before Brian but we reached the same result independantly and compared notes after the fact. On a sporter the difference between 8 oz and less than two oz is a big change,
Don

Usmc69???????????????????????????????????????

What unit??

Usmc69............................................ ..............

I was in India Company 3/9 67-68

I was in India Company 3/9 67-68

I joined in March of 69 and retired in March of 93. Most of my career was with the Wing in A-6 attack squadrons. Did a "B" billet tour as the Guard Chief at a Marine Barracks and as a Weapons Instructor for Marine Corps Security Force Bn (PAC). I&I 1stSgt for Reserve MP Co.prior to retirement.
Should have been a M/Sgt instead of a 1stSgt. More interesting and fun doing hands on instead of sitting behind a desk.

Thanks for your service.........................................

I was out before you went in!! Neck wound shortened my service.
Semper Fi,

I was out before you went in!! Neck wound shortened my service.
Semper Fi,

I was 17 years and 3 months old when I joined. Had to be an Aviation Guarantee (required a 4 year enlistment) at that age. Was to young to go to RVN as soon as I graduated Boot Camp and ITR. So it would have cost them extra bucks to send me some where stateside until I was old enough to go. So, a wing tour was my ticket to get in. Wound up doing two tours in SEA in my first 4 years.

Glad you were able to make it home. Left some good folks there.

Last edited:
What about replacement springs?

A friend has an Anschutz Sporter with an adjustable trigger in it. I am guessing the trigger pull @ 5 or 6 oz. it appears to me that the trigger lever return spring is the cause. Is there a source of lighter springs for thr lever?

Thanks,

Pete

The one I inquired about

Thank you for that.
Can I ask what modification(s) were needed to the trigger or rifle?

Is on a Sporter Brinn volker made. It works fine by pinching the lever with the trigger guard, it's that stiff.

Pete

Thank you for that.
Can I ask what modification(s) were needed to the trigger or rifle?

No mods needed to the trigger
You need to drill and thread a hole for the rear trigger attachment screw and widen the slot in the receiver that the trigger blade goes through. It is obvious what is needed if you have trigger in hand The front mounting screw is used as is

Back