Now that was a halftime show!

Forget about the entertainment at half time...........................how about the number of players on each team..........................holy cow batman.
I am a newbie to your national sport.........................and they wear helmets as well.

Regards Chris.

I used to like the Who years ago, but this concert fell flat for me.

Really very boring. For one thing, all the songs sounded the same.

I'm sorry. I know some forum folks loved it.

Pete

I have been involved in music most of my life. I was even a "wannabe" rocker back in my youth. Now I sit around with my two Grandaughters and play what they like to sing. They saw The Sound of Music at Theater Under The Stars, and I had to learn 'do-re-me'. At this moment, it is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, because they heard it on the Television Show Glee. Really a great tune. They don't even know who Steve Perry is.

It would amaze most concert attendees as to how little "live" singing actually takes place. For the past years, artist have been very dependant on "voice beefers", those electronic filters that can even make a singer such as Ashley Simpson, (who is tone deaf), sound presentable.

That is why I rarely go to concerts. That, and most of the time, the group, (be it the Drifters, Platters, or who ever), is not the group we remember. Heck, some do not even contain any originol members, because most of them are dead.. But, people pay their money, trying to re-live something that was gone long ago.

One exception was when my Wife made me take her to see Neil Diamond. Mr. Diamond was always a better song writer than singer, but he did, and still does have a unique quality that appealed to the Ladies. I could tell that what we were hearing was actually ole Neil, no enhansers, no beefers, just that same gravely voice, coupled with a great stage presence, that made the show worth the price of admission. I had a great time, and my Wife came home in a good mood:D...........jackie

I waited, in trepidation, for the end of "Won't Get Fooled Again" wherein Roger does "the scream"...probably the best scream in the history of rock. He did pretty damn good! Or, it was a recording.

I enjoyed it. What a great body of music they have. Yeah, they were a little rough, but that rawness is the beauty of live music and live recordings.

Justin

The one thing that Roger didn't do was his trade mark microphone swinging.:(
I was impressed by there drummer. He had his kit set up like Keith Moon. He was a good drummer IMHO

Who dat "who"?

Didn't watch the half time show. Replayed the 1st half until the 2nd half started.

WHO DAT! WE BELIEVE!!:D:D:D

31 - 17 WHO DAT? WHO DAT? AIN'T THEM COLTS.

Roy in New Orleans.

I loved the half time show. I changed channels then switched back to see the hated INDYS get clobbered in the 2nd half. Didn't like who then, why would I now.
Bob

Aging Rock Stars are a lot like aging athletes, they simply cannot come to grips with the fact that age catches up with everybody. That wasn't The Who, that was a bunch of old men trying to be what The Who once was. It ain't workin'.

Heck, those guys are as old as I am.:D.

A while back, I saw Rob Stewart on some show. Now, ole Rob could really make the women swoon back 30 years ago. But, come on, button that shirt up. Nobody wants to see your old sagging belly as you try to remember the words to your last hit...30 years ago........jackie

Woulda thought old guys would cut some other old guys some slack!:eek: I think it's great they're still vertical and able to play! Yes, there was a little less velocity to the windmill guitar but it was still going round. Last time I tried that trick, I busted my E string and dang near took my thumbnail off!

I actually missed the game - had shot the final day of the SW LR Nationals down in Phoenix, and was tired enough to take a little snooze before showering when I got back to the motel. Guess it was later than I realized before I headed out for some Mexican chow, because when I got back and started channel surfing, looking for the game, what I finally found was the post game report. Looks like it was a good game - for a change. Often as not, the Super Bowl turns into a yawner, especially when I have little interest in either team. This one appears to have been an exception.

I have been involved in music most of my life. I was even a "wannabe" rocker back in my youth. Now I sit around with my two Grandaughters and play what they like to sing. They saw The Sound of Music at Theater Under The Stars, and I had to learn 'do-re-me'. At this moment, it is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, because they heard it on the Television Show Glee. Really a great tune. They don't even know who Steve Perry is.

.................jackie

Yea....amazing how a lot of us grow up......errrr I mean have a change in taste as we get older.

Old music like The Stones, The Who, and Steve Perry don't much do it for me these days as I approach my 56th birthday. If you have a moment, you can click on the links and hear the style of "old" music that will often bring tears to my eyes.

Kyung in her 20's, performing with Houston's own adapted son Andre Previn;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OwzDLP009Y

Kyung again......but 30 years later;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ8HWI62m-o

.......admittedly, I don't think Kyung would get a warm reception at the Superbowl. :D

Thank you so much for posting those links. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of classical music, let alone violin music, but she is fantasic, superb, unbelievable. Really enjoyed it.

Back