NorthEast Regional USARB Championship, July 30-31

Renegade

After a year off, the NE Reg. is back at the Salem Pistol and Rifle Club in Upstate NY. We will shoot LV, HV, Open 25m and Open 50yards dedicated matches, with Piston shooters welcome to fill in empty benches during those matches. With 16 all concrete benches under cover and the ability to run multiple relays, we will have plenty of room for everyone, even International shooters(there have been inquiries from couple of countries)! I'll post more details as plans are solidified. In the meantime, save the date- July 30-31!
Todd Banks

John,
I was actually amazed to find a full weekend without either a FT match that I might want to attend or a RFBR match here at our club. Hopefully we'll have a decent NE crowd and I've been contacted by a Team from the other side of the World that is hoping to attend the match.
Todd

John,
I was actually amazed to find a full weekend without either a FT match that I might want to attend or a RFBR match here at our club. Hopefully we'll have a decent NE crowd and I've been contacted by a Team from the other side of the World that is hoping to attend the match.
Todd

I am glad to see you are welcoming visitors from around the globe. It is unfortunate the USARB board has declared restricting international shooters, as the board has demanded giving US shooters priority registration to shoot at the National Championship. Of course, at a range with such limited seating, i can understand why. It is certainly advantageous to do what we can to promote the international diplomacy of the sport.

Garrett, did you have to supply Gert and the Venezuelans with any kind of paperwork to enable them to come into the U.S. with air rifles? The team hoping to come to Salem has already had me draft a letter of invitation and are asking if there are restrictions on traveling here with their rifles.
Thanks,
Todd

Todd,

Do you remember years ago the fellows who use to come down from Canada to shoot IR with us? I know they always asked me to draft an invitation to them spelling out why they needed their rimfires as they crossed the border and went through Customs. Maybe this is kind of the same.

Dave

By the way, you can pencil me in for the NE Regionals. If I continue feeling the way I feel right now, I'll be there, even if I have to stop every hour to get out of the truck and walk around. Of course, I'll have to time things right so I'm not halfway up Hogback Mountain when that hour runs up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I can't come, I would love to but

our State Sporter and 3 Gun is that weekend. Hope it goes well for you.

Pete

Hi Todd,

I plan to attend. Hopefully I'll get out there for some rim fire shooting before this match.

Thanks,
Mark

Garrett, did you have to supply Gert and the Venezuelans with any kind of paperwork to enable them to come into the U.S. with air rifles? The team hoping to come to Salem has already had me draft a letter of invitation and are asking if there are restrictions on traveling here with their rifles.
Thanks,
Todd

Yes, a letter of invitation is required. I will forward you my template. It does require a lot of lead time for visas of certain countries. For the first nationals in Phoenix, we had some that couldn't get their visas in time. Another option is if they ship their rifles. But anytime you let it out of sight, there is always risk.

North East Regional

Todd,Pete,
Looks like I will be shooting both days. If I show up Fri afternoon and have a target frame can I practice some? Or shoot at 50 yards ? Will be coming from Maine. Need all the practice for the Nationals.
Paul Bendix

Sounds like we'll have a decent turnout. There's a good chance we'll have three shooters from the Philippines joining us as well.
The range will be open Friday for practice at both distances.
Todd

Team Phillipines will be joining us!

I "talked" to two of the shooters from the Phillipines that had contacted me about attending the NE Regional last night. They are beginning the Visa process and looking into hotels to book for the match so I'd say right now there's a better than 90% chance that they and one other shooter will be shooting with us at the end of July. They have asked me if there will be a three man Team competition like we do at WRABF competitions and while we haven't done that in the past, I'm open to the idea if there is interest in it. If I have confirmation of at least three teams by the end of June, I will purchase plaques for first, second and third place. If interested, feel free to make up teams by any means. Home range, State, shooting buddies, rifle manufacturer, anything goes!! It would be great to see a Junior team as well!

This will also be a good opportunity to check out some Ataman BR rifles, as the last I knew Team Phillipines has several of them.

Start making plans!
Todd

Team Philippines has confirmed

I received confirmation this morning that the 4 shooters from the Philippines have had their Visas approved and will definitely be here for the North East Regional. Here's hoping we have a good turnout to welcome them to their first competition in the US!

Will you have a registration sheet to sign up online or to be mailed in? Or will it be a sign up and pay when you get there affair?

No pre registration required John. I would like shooters to commit either here on the forum or by email to me by July 1st so I can finalize plans, but if someone decides to come at the last minute there will be benches available.

Less than a Month to go!

Just over three weeks to go and plans are coming together for our match. I would like a head count so that I can be sure to have enough food, drink and air on hand. We will be serving three meals during the match, burgers and hot dogs with sides for lunch both days and a chicken BBQ after the match on Saturday, all included with your match fee. That fee will be $60 sign-up plus $20 per class (two class minimum). Plaques will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each Class and for the 4 class agg top three. We will also have a Team competition, with 3 person teams competing for the combined Light and Heavy Varmint Agg Championship. We are waiting to hear from a couple of potential sponsors for the event, no guarantees on that yet.

The schedule will be as follows-
Fri., July 29 12-?, Range open for practice.
Sat., July 30 9:30am, WRABF Light Varmint followed by USA Open 25meter.
Sun., July 31, 9:00am, WRABF Heavy Varmint followed by USA Open 50 Yard
Awards will be given at the end of each competition day.

Scales and Chronograph will be available to confirm compliance with WRABF/USARB rules for all classes.
Camping is allowed at the range.
Please feel free to contact me at TKBanks98@aol.com or 518-796-0768 with any questions.

Pyramyd Air

Pyramyd Air has very generously sent us a couple of boxes of goodies to give away at the NE Regional. Along with the handy blue carry-all bags, water bottles and other items they donate to many air rifle venues, they have donated a Gamo Raptor gas piston .22 rifle that we will give away as a door prize!

Back