Nightforce Benchrest Scopes

Now if Nightforce made a light (15-18oz) 45X scope with no windage or elevation adjustments made for external adjustment rings they maybe could pickup market share in the short range benchrest world.

Last edited:
Another way to look at that is to shoot VFS where there is no real advantage to shooting LV. Plenty of room for a Nightforce with the 13.5lb limit and you don't need to spend the big bucks for a March to get a scope with great glass and tracking. I agree that they make it too hard to make 10.5 though. They could have a good seller in a straight 45 power scope without all the lighted reticle gizmos--Mike

Now is Nightforce made a light (15-18oz) 45X scope with no windage or elevation adjustments made for external adjustment rings they maybe could pickup market share in the short range benchrest world.

Virg,

This may be a silly question, but what do you mean "no windage or elevation adjustments made for external adjustment rings"?

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
info@theopticzone.com

Now is Nightforce made a light (15-18oz) 45X scope with no windage or elevation adjustments made for external adjustment rings they maybe could pickup market share in the short range benchrest world.
They already have a pretty good market share in short range BenchRest at matches I frequent.

Now in Stock!

Nightforce Benchrest 8-32x56
Reticles : NP-2DD & NP-R2

Nighforce Benchrest 12-42x56
Reticle : NP-2DD

You can see more information at http://www.theopticzone.com/category/36382/1/scopes-nightforce-benchrest.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
info@theopticzone.com

I have a NF, and The Optic Zone is putting out a deal. which is? If you are going to advertise do so in the classifieds unless there is a super special deal to let folks know that they are missing out on something. And again, The Optic Zone's special deal is?:(
If someone wants to get my attention offer me something new or less than $1359.

Dan

I am sorry if I put this post in the wrong place, but being a Sponsor of the Benchrest.com forum I thought that it would ok. Well Dan. If you go to our home page, www.theopticzone.com, you will see that we are offering a 7% discount on all online purchase during the month of September. I guess that would be the deal!

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
info@theopticzone.com

Another way to look at that is to shoot VFS where there is no real advantage to shooting LV. Plenty of room for a Nightforce with the 13.5lb limit and you don't need to spend the big bucks for a March to get a scope with great glass and tracking. I agree that they make it too hard to make 10.5 though. They could have a good seller in a straight 45 power scope without all the lighted reticle gizmos--Mike

I have to agree Mike...with the way those scopes perform, a straight 45 or 50 without all the lighted reticle and batteries stuff...would make a mighty fine BR scope. It would help people have a superior scope and be easier to make LV too!

I have to agree Mike...with the way those scopes perform, a straight 45 or 50 without all the lighted reticle and batteries stuff...would make a mighty fine BR scope. It would help people have a superior scope and be easier to make LV too!

Not to mention that it should also be less expensive to build.--Mike

The externally adjustable scope is only half of the story. If someone would also copy the externally adjustable rear ring like the Unertl and find a way to hold the scopes in the front a-la the Brackney mount, we would indeed have something to work with. I have three frozen scope setups in use currently and don't know how they can be beat.

Jon,
In answer to your question about the post by Virg, many competitors have gone to having all of the external adjustments removed from Leupolds and then mounting them in bases that have rear external adjustments.
They started doing this because of the inability of most scopes to hold an absolute zero.
I have not heard of this complaint with the Nightforce but maybe I have not looked yet.

There have been problems with Nightforce, too. There will be problems with any scope brand -- As more March scopes are made and used, a few will have problems. This isn't to knock them, every product made by man falls along a bell-shaped curve.

But I'd second the notion of a benchrest competition NF with fewer tactical bells & whistles.

Virg,
I agree. The 56mm objective lens is way overkill and is the prime reason they are so heavy. Also, I had trouble with my front lens moving in the mount and I know of others that had the same trouble. Keeping all that glass stable in a lens cell under recoil is an issue. A light 50mm would seem to be an answer, could even be variable like the March.

Now if Nightforce made a light (15-18oz) 45X scope with no windage or elevation adjustments made for external adjustment rings they maybe could pickup market share in the short range benchrest world.

I am sorry if I put this post in the wrong place, but being a Sponsor of the Benchrest.com forum I thought that it would ok. Well Dan. If you go to our home page, www.theopticzone.com, you will see that we are offering a 7% discount on all online purchase during the month of September. I guess that would be the deal!

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
info@theopticzone.com

Jon, now that is a deal, you should have mentioned that earlier. By the way, I have a 12-42 NF and I love it.

Dan Honert

How well does it work on your LV rig?

Mark, everyone knows or should know that the NF 12-42x56 scope is wayyyyyyyyyyy to heavy. Now then, if you really want to know what I use on my LV gun I'll tell you on the QT, shussssh it is a WEAVER, OMG now the whole world knows. I guess once again, that most people buy what they need to do the job. Also, that is a deal at 7% off, wish I had that deal when I bought my NF to be used on a 13.5# gun.;)

Dan Honert

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice if for once a seller of scopes would listen to those using them?

Yep, I would definetly love to have any seller of scopes give me a 90% discount, now that would be a real deal. Now I would call that listening to a user.:D

Make it as light as possible without compramising the integrity of the lense mountings. Etch the reticule on a lense. Develop external adjustable rings that work well. optamize the size of the lenses so that the weight can be kept to a minimum. ED lenses. Offer polished Aluminum or Stainless tubes to match barrel finishes, same with the mounts. Make a model that goes down to 6X.

As one can infer from the March, price isn't much of an object.

Back