Nick Marino Takes Tomball With 24X's

jackie schmidt

We had another great turnout at our 3d Club Match at Tomball, (37 shooters), on a HOT and muggy day. Nick Marino came within about .010 of an inch to shooting a perfect 25X, he ended up with a great 250 24X.

Thanks to all of the shooters who participated, and thanks to the Tomball Gun Club for allowing us to use the facility to have our Matches. The results for all three classes are as follows:

Factory Class:
Felton Corbett 238 5X
Trisha Hanka 237 1X
John Hayter 227

Modified Class::
Joe Duke 249 13X
Farron Fredrick 249 10X
Bill Strange 245 9X

Benchrest Class:
Nick Marino 250 24X:D
Geramo Villareal 250 22X
Carl Easton 250 21X
Joe Duke Sr 250 20X
Eddie Carter 250 19X

Congradulations!!!

Congradulations to my buddy Nick Marino, Joe Duke, and Felton Corbett for their well deserved victories. Way to go guys!!! ;)

Nick is shooting like a house on fire scoring 24x's in his last two outings. :eek:

Good shooting Nick, Joe, and Felton. You Guys did a great job today.
Nick, you took a great shot at winning the barrel today. I wish you would have won it.

A note of interest. My son Joe became the third family member to win the modified class shooting my 6BR. I won modified with it three times. Joe's daughter Ginger won the class with it. And now Joe "Got er Done". Good Job!

Joe

We had another great turnout at our 3d Club Match at Tomball, (37 shooters), on a HOT and muggy day. Nick Marino came within about .010 of an inch to shooting a perfect 25X, he ended up with a great 250 24X.

Thanks to all of the shooters who participated, and thanks to the Tomball Gun Club for allowing us to use the facility to have our Matches. The results for all three classes are as follows:

Factory Class:
Felton Corbett 238 5X
Trisha Hanka 237 1X
John Hayter 227

Modified Class::
Joe Duke 249 13X
Farron Fredrick 249 10X
Bill Strange 245 9X

Benchrest Class:
Nick Marino 250 24X:D
Geramo Villareal 250 22X
Carl Easton 250 21X
Joe Duke Sr 250 20X
Eddie Carter 250 19X

Here's a pic of Nick at the office. Check out Nick's new hi tech barrel dampening innovation.(rubber hose) :)
Its appears to work very well. 24x's!!!! :eek:

nickmarino66201024x.jpg

picture credit- Joe Duke

Last edited:
The Duke Clan

Modified Class Winner Joe R Duke :D

JoeRDuke662010.jpg

Ginger Duke :)

Ginger662010clubmatch.jpg

Joe Duke Sr :)

joesr662010clubmatch.jpg

Last edited:
Joe Duke, I found 2 pair of really nice ear muffs, and a set of shooting glasses laying on bench # 3 Sunday after all had gone home. After seeing Gingers picture, I am sure they belong to the Duke Clan.

That picture of me shows how hot and muggy it is this time of year in Houston. And how downright ugly I am. YUCK!!!!............jackie

I believe the muffs and glasses belong to Joe R. If he needs them, I will let him get in touch with you. Else just hang on to them til next time.

Old and Ugly just seems to go with the territory for us who have reached a certian age doesn't it? Seems just a few years ago when I was tall, handsome, and had a head full of dark hair. Well at least tall and dark headed. Them days are gone. :)
Joe

Here's one of Tomball Gun Clubs up and coming competitors Trevor Payne with his Grandfather Howard Payne. :)

trevorpayne662010clubmatch-1.jpg

I believe the muffs and glasses belong to Joe R. If he needs them, I will let him get in touch with you. Else just hang on to them til next time.

Old and Ugly just seems to go with the territory for us who have reached a certian age doesn't it? Seems just a few years ago when I was tall, handsome, and had a head full of dark hair. Well at least tall and dark headed. Them days are gone. :)
Joe

Thats a good lookin avatar ya got there Joe......;)

Back