Newbie questions

Thanks for the link. I don't think I want a right port to go with a right bolt.

I feel similar, but I do know of at least one very good shooter that chooses a R/R to slow himself down. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Rick

I'm in CO
I'd strongly suggest connecting with a knowledgeable BR shooter in your area. I was fortunate to have several excellent mentors when I was starting out and their advice and help was invaluable. Having a good mentor will save you time, money and frustration in the long run.

Good shootin' -Al

I would have bought that rifle if it were a left port. Between the stock and the Farley Firefly action, that would be a smooth rifle.

Now that your position is becoming more clear I'm agreeing more and more with your original premise...... the fly in thee oinkment may well be that if you want a true-blue-new state-of-the-art RB/LP/RE or dropper you might have to line out components and wait. But you're getting valuable information here and folks here can and will help you pick a put-er-together-feller

I would have bought that rifle if it were a left port.
Between the stock and the Farley Firefly action, that would be a smooth rifle.

Sometimes you need to be faster.

Like a brief pause on an otherwise windy day.
RBLP makes things go nice and smooth.

Now that your position is becoming more clear I'm agreeing more and more with your original premise...... the fly in thee oinkment may well be that if you want a true-blue-new state-of-the-art RB/LP/RE or dropper you might have to line out components and wait. But you're getting valuable information here and folks here can and will help you pick a put-er-together-feller

Yes, there has been lots of good info given. Thank You for your thoughts and suggestions.

Sometimes you need to be faster.

Like a brief pause on an otherwise windy day.
RBLP makes things go nice and smooth.

Well, there are many top shooters shooting RR guns. I've never seen where they were handicapped by it. You get one of those cartridge holders sitting right next to the loading port, and with an ejector, you can be just as fast.

Last edited:
Well, there are many top shooters shooting RR guns. I've never seen where they were handicapped by it. You get one of those cartridge holders sitting right next to the loading port, and with an ejector, you can be just as fast.

The ejector tends to make sure the cartridge is canted by whatever clearance is available.

Wayne, my preference is a RB/RP.....given a decent sized loading port. On my RB/RP Panda I can pull the bolt back, toss a new round in and flick the old one out with my index finger tip as my hand is going back to close the bolt.

But I'm getting used to my RB/LP/RE Panda. If I'm inconsistent with the bolt speed I can make it flip a case around inside or not kick it out completely...might have to look at lengthening the ejection port a skosh. I've also tossed a loaded round in the left and clean on out the right side a couple times!

Both situations say more about the operator than the action, though.....:eek: ;)

Good shootin' :) -Al

I like RR RE

Both my 6 power guns are RRR's. My Rimrock however is LRR and I like that except for the limited amount of room on the left side, often, on benches. With a RRR, there is usually all the room one would ever want or need. Years ago I watched Kent Harshman shooting his RRR and realized how fast it was and how little effort he had to put into loading and unloading. I believe it was at a Nationals he won.

Pete

Last edited:
The most important piece of equipment to have when “running them” is a good set of brakes and split vision to pick up a reversal and avoid a super wide group.

Back