New Toy for 2009 (Pictures)

G

Gary Walters

Picked-up a new toy today from "Stick" at S&S Precision, Inc. Have included a few pictures of Stick & J.D.'s new shop. Their shop is located in Argyle, Texas very near Denton, Texas. I need to name the new gun. Any ideas?

Stock is Robertson's BRX. Action is Kelbly Panda (Short Throw). Non-fluted bolt, LB/RP/LE with a static ejector, PPC boltface. Rings are John Loh double-screw. I will include the pictures of Stick & J.D.'s shop in the next thread.

Gary

24vvgc1.jpg

qpfkvr.jpg

2ic5n9h.jpg

Rings are bedded.

Last edited:
Here's a name...

Call it "Cherry Bomb".

What is that purple epoxy used for ring bedding material?

Good luck with it Gary....

Pictures of S&S Precision, Inc.'s Shop

Front of the new shop.
2mesmxs.jpg

Photo from the rear to the front
2igj1c6.jpg

Photo from front to the rear
ekrfdf.jpg

J.D.'s retail shop in the front of the shop
25u5chl.jpg

Varmint Rifle with new March 10x60 variable mounted
34si1sg.jpg

Call it "Cherry Bomb".

Not Gary but can somewhat answer the ?

I forgot the brand name (if they are still using the same stuff) but it's a light weight microballon epoxy filler. Many wood carvers use it. It's very similar to the filler material in McMillan stocks but more dense. It comes as a light beige paste so you can dye it fairly easy.

Kav

Not Gary but can somewhat answer the ?

I forgot the brand name (if they are still using the same stuff) but it's a light weight microballon epoxy filler. Many wood carvers use it. It's very similar to the filler material in McMillan stocks but more dense. It comes as a light beige paste so you can dye it fairly easy.

Thanks buddy. Interesting color, I recall seeing guns from Speedy's web site that had the same looking stuff. Microballon Epoxy Filler, eh? Man, you're sounding more like a stock painter turned microbiologist every day :)

Get off your Butt

That looks like Lew Cohen sitting on his Butt. Get off your Butt Lew, and sweep the floor or something. Nice toy Gary.

Gary ...

Put a picture of a cowboy on both sides (similar to the attachment) and call it "The Big Texan." :D:D:D

Attachments

• texan.jpg
    texan.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 721
I vote for Cherry Bomb also.

I notice in the photos two South Bend Heavy 10's and a Bridgeport. Good American brands, I like that.

Dr. Tim

Barrel is 13.5 Krieger .237 4-groove. I have a new 50X March Scope still in the box for it. This was to be a spare LV, but if it shoots well it will be the main LV. Took me awhile, but I finally got on the band-wagon.

Gary

This was a nice toy, congrats! :)

Your new rifle is clearly a "woman in red". The original film from 1953 starred Barbara Stanwyck. Why not call her Barbara? :D

I like Cherry Bomb too ;)

Call it "Cherry Bomb".

Straing my eyes, but I can't see any "Purple" stuff in the photos. Where and why would you "bed" the rings?

Don

Man, you're sounding more like a stock painter turned microbiologist every day :)

OK, I'll try the ol Kav way..."it's some of that there light weight hecken putty stuff that looks like cat s#*! when it comes out..."

Better? :)

All that dead weight hanging around the shop must make it hard to get anything done. At least Ronnie might buy lunch every day.

Cherry Bomb gets my vote also. If it was a varmint rifle you could call it Red Mist.

Back