New Toy for 2009 (Pictures)

Don

I think bedding scope rings is a solution to a problem that does not exist. Especially with an action that has an integral dovetail.

When you bed an action, you use the actual action. Gary mentioned that the scope was still in the box. To make all of this worth while, I would think you would use the exact scope that was going in the rings.........jackie

Mounting scopes on actions such as the Panda and Stillers that have an integral rail and use scope rings that are precisely machined in pairs like the Kelblys probably receive no benefit by ring bedding as long as the rings and caps are installed as marked.

Round actions, especially, that use add-on bases, the ring bases and ring bores both should be bedded. Tony B spends extra effort in aligning and bedding of his scope mountings. You sure can't argue with his results.

Oh, I picked up 3 more votes, off the street, for Cherry Bomb!!

The scope came out of the box

Jackie, the new scope was taken from the box for the bedding. Who knows, it just might help. Probably overkill. A few other things were done. I don't want to mention those because arguments would ensue.

We had a great day at the range yesterday. Hope you get well soon.

Gary

This was a nice toy, congrats! :)

Your new rifle is clearly a "woman in red". The original film from 1953 starred Barbara Stanwyck. Why not call her Barbara? :D

I like Cherry Bomb too ;)

I like "Lady in Red". Lady, like the rifle, is more special than simply woman.

You might prefer to call your special rifle the "Red Lady".

With a name like that, she will always have to behave with dignity, like a lady.

Concho Bill

Start out where you'll hopefully end up

If it works out to be one of those special rifles, in time you'll refer to it as "Ol' Red". For now, "Red" will do.

You are a pretty sharp guy

I want a single name. Cherry sounds good if it shoots. Satan if it won't shoot! Good advice. Thanks.

Gary

I sure do miss Stick & JD for that matter!! We had some good times in the past!!

Good looking rifle---"Hausgemachter Kirchen Schnaps":D

Bugger Red

:)Those from the South may be aware of a fungicide used on cotton and other seed to prevent fungus damage. This is a poison and if your rifle turns out to be "poison" , maybe "Bugger Red" would be an appropriate name. Good shooting....James

Dick

A short throw Panda has the bolt-stop more forward. I think it has something to do with the static ejector that Kelbly's designed. Someone once told me that the shorter throw is about like the old XP-100 action. For someone who likes to shoot fast, maybe this is desireable.

Sorry, I don't have a better understanding and explanation for Short Throw. I am not exactly mechanically gifted.

Gary

A short throw Panda has the bolt-stop more forward. I think it has something to do with the static ejector that Kelbly's designed. Someone once told me that the shorter throw is about like the old XP-100 action. For someone who likes to shoot fast, maybe this is desireable.

Sorry, I don't have a better understanding and explanation for Short Throw. I am not exactly mechanically gifted.

Gary

Heck, thats more than I knew. I will have to look into it

Thanks

Dick

Address

Hey Gary
Gun looks mighty fine..... Only one problem, the bolt closes on the wrong side !!!!!
Dad-Gum leftys
So what is the address to S&S and phone number

Doug

Hey Gary
Gun looks mighty fine..... Only one problem, the bolt closes on the wrong side !!!!!
Dad-Gum leftys

Address:

S & S Precision, Inc
2126 Hamilton Road, Ste. 490
Argyle, Texas 76226
Phone: 949-566-7001
Fax: 940-566-7011
E-mail: SandSprecision@verizon.net

Take exit 465B (US-377/FT WORTH DR.)
His shop is about 4 miles toward Argyle. The Hamilton Road sign is covered by a limb, so it is hard to see. Look for a wooden fence and new buildings on the left.

Gary

Nice lookin rifle!

How about "Red Ruby"?
Ruby (natural corundum) has many hue/tone/color & saturation. It's almost same with "pigeon blood red" ruby.

Hey Gary
Dad-Gum leftys

15hii5d.jpg

Better?
Anyway you look at it, it's a beautiful Rifle.
I vote for "Red Devil"
Good shooting!
Don

Back