New to the .30 BR

Dick, Jackie,

How much neck tension are you using on those 112s? :)

I cut my necks for .002 to .0025" clearance on a loaded round. And I use a .321" bushing. This is a .330 nk. chamber.
Dick

Let me try the math. .330-.308=.022-.002=.020/2=.010. So with a .010 neck thickness you're using a .321 bushing to size the neck? With a .325 bushing I'm having to use considerable force to seat the Berger 115". :confused: The Bergers are highly polished, I wonder if that's causing it? They mic .308 so that's not the problem. Maybe they need to leave the lube on?

So with a .010 neck thickness you're using a .321 bushing to size the neck? With a .325 bushing I'm having to use considerable force to seat the Berger 115". :confused:
My bullets are coated with Danzac and my cases are tumbled. If I try to reload a case that is not tumbled it feels like sandpaper when I seat them. My necks are less than .010 as my bullets are .3088. I use a typical straight line seater and a slightly heavy duty arbor press built by a good friend.

My bullets are coated with Danzac and my cases are tumbled. If I try to reload a case that is not tumbled it feels like sandpaper when I seat them. My necks are less than .010 as my bullets are .3088. I use a typical straight line seater and a slightly heavy duty arbor press built by a good friend.

First off, I'm still using brass that came with the gun. I've got a Hart arbor press coming tomorrow. Hope that's a little heavier duty than the Sinclair I've been using. It's definitely pricier.

Back